INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD contents  (Read 555 times)

geoffrey

CD contents
« on: June 13, 2002, 09:16:48 pm »

I've upgraded from 7.2 to 8.028 and when I insert a CD the information refers to a CD I played weeks ago. I have searched for "cache" trying to clear CD identification but I can't find it in any help files. I am connected to the internet and never had any problems with mis-identification of CD contents in 7.2 I have explored all settings: have enabled CDDB lookup and associated my CD player with MJ. Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks for any help (W 98SE; broadband internet connection; 256 memory)
Geoffrey
Geoffrey

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:CD contents
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 05:05:36 am »

We've had a couple reports like this and I'm not sure what's causing it.

A few things to try:
Locate the CD in MJ's media library under "CD and DVD media". Delete the entry. Then re-insert the CD and see if the correct information gets filled in.

If not, take a look at the "Location" column when you're viewing the CD contents in MJ. Make a note of the disk ID number which is in this type of form: "(0xECAC0156)", the actual number will be different for every disk. Now look in your cdplayer.ini file in the Windows directory. You can open this file with Notepad and do a search for the disk id (just the ECAC0156 part). When you find it does it show the correct tracks underneath, or the incorrect ones? If they're incorrect, search for one of the correct track names and see if it's listed under a different disk ID.

After running through the above test, try doing an "update from CDDB" and see if the correct info gets filled in. To update from cddb, right click on the CD in the left hand organization tree and select the update choice from the menu.

Please let us know if any of the above helped.

Thanks,
- John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up