INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V 8 Plug-in trouble  (Read 981 times)

Brian

V 8 Plug-in trouble
« on: June 13, 2002, 06:22:18 pm »

I am trying to install plug-ins in a reg. version of MJ 8, but none are installed. The download and I get the message that the "package was succefully installed" but none of them show up in the plug-in manager or anywhere on my HD. Am I doing something wrong? It seems like it's a pretty straight forward operation.

TURBO

RE:V 8 Plug-in trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 06:32:31 pm »

Make sure you have the latest version 8.0.293. That used to happen to me and I fixed altering the registry. If you know how to play with the registry, go to where MJ keeps the settings and check the other working plugins and change the non-working plugins settings according to the diference between the two. If I remember correctly I fix it changing the binary data of the string value "version".

Brian

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 06:45:30 pm »

Good advice but didn't work. The plug-ins are not even making it to my HD (even though MJ says the packet has been installed). Can I DL the .dll files from somewhere and bypass the package installer? Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 06:49:40 pm »

Try using IE.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Brian

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 06:57:34 pm »

I'm using IE. Still can't install ANY plug-ins. Is there a support staff that can be contacted for help? Thanks.

TURBO

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 07:04:42 pm »

Do you have any kind of popup stopper or similar software installed?. Disable it.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2002, 07:24:00 pm »

If you can't get to the bottom of this, you can bypass the package installer and do it manually if you are ok with doing low level stuff (and with the risk of messing thngs up ).

Instead of clicking on the plugin, do a right click and save the mjp file on your disk. Open it with an editor and you will see which zip file you need to download, and other normally obvious directions on where the zip file should be unpacked and if the dll need to be registered with regsvr32

Here is a typical package. You can see where the zip file is, that it should go in the plugin directory and that it should be registered

[Package]
Name=WAV (PCM)
Action=UNZIPDIR
Version=2.0.26
URL=http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/mj_data/plugins/in_wav.zip

[Action]
File1=in_wav.dll
File1Action1=COPY_PLUGINDIR
File1Action2=REG_WA_IN

Claudio

Brian

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2002, 08:07:22 pm »

That's the ticket. Great Help! Thanks!!!

Harry the Hipster

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2002, 12:37:06 am »

>

Brian, they monitor and participate in this forum constantly: Matt, Nikolay, JimH (the big cheese)...That's in addition to knowledgeable users like Claudio.

HTH

Brian

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2002, 06:25:23 pm »

Thanks for all the help. I would like to find out what the trouble is, however. Having tried all the suggestions given without success, I'm open to any input that is offered. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up