INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with tags of DVD discs  (Read 2790 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Problem with tags of DVD discs
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:24:13 am »

I have a problem that I must solve before a lot of input is lost. Because I had to quit my rental store I took home thoussands of DVD's. Some of them I had ripped already for future use others are imported for the first time. When I had "doubles" (ripped and the physical disc) I selected both and clicked on the input data like actors and director, year etc. This way I had them also for the psycical discs without much work. After that I deleted the ripped part from the database and HD.

Because I had to adjust a movie, I found out that although several actors a visable in the tag window some or all aren't in the input field when clicked on. So I started looking on other movies and got a strange behaviour. The ripped DVD's are fine because they have the XML files I guess. But the imported DVD's show a weird behaviour when I click on actors or directors in the input/tag fields. Even a newly imported movie that has 4 actors and 1 director doesn't show the director in the input field and shows only 1 actor from 4. In this case: John Phillip Law;Lee Van Cleef;Luigi Pistilli;Mario Brega shows only Lee Van Cleef in the input field although you can clearly see all 4 of them in the tag window. With other movies I have some that show 3 out of 5 or 2 out of 3 etc. I adjusted the Lee Van Cleef DVD several times but still doesn't show the other actors when I click the actors field to add or adjust them. Again, they are visible in the tag window and when selected a single movie in the database it also shows the actors in the customized view window. I cannot find out what causes this strange behaviour. I hope someone got some ideas what could cause this.

Best regards,

Theo
Pages: [1]   Go Up