INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Advice  (Read 1069 times)

lgewirtz

Sync Advice
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:25:37 am »

Hi Everybody,

New to MC and thanks for this forum. 

My questions are about syncing with a Sansa Fuze (not plus).

Is there a way to either
  • when deleting from the Sansa, have the podcast not be synced back to the Sansa? (it's fine if it's deleted automatically in MC but it doesn't have to be)
or
  • when I listen all the way through a podcast, it is automatically deleted from the Sansa the next time I sync to MC

Is it best to use MTP or MSC mode with MP?

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: Sync Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:32:04 pm »

I am not sure about pod casts but generally if you delete a file in an MC Play list or from the Library that is in a sync list for the device it will be removed if you check the box on the device to "Delete files not in sync list" under options. As for MC know if you listened to it and then deleting it is beyond my expertise.

As for MTP vs MSC I have a Sansa Clip and use MSC. It has been a while since I made that decision but I never drag and drop files I let MC completely handle the Sync so no need for MTP.  I have had my clip a since they first came out and I sort of remember having some problem with MTP but do not remember what it was but something to do with files stored using MTP where not seen under MSC and vise versa so I ended up with duplicates and running out of memory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up