INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: galaxy tab playlist problems  (Read 3705 times)

trott

• World Citizen
galaxy tab playlist problems
« on: January 07, 2011, 08:37:00 am »

Hi,

I'm having some syncing issues. I put the tablet in samsung kies mode first. This way, everything gets transferred. However, on the tablet the music application does not get populated with songs. I can play them however when browsing through the filesystem.
So I put the tablet in usb disk mode. This way, the music app does get populated.

However, playlists are not visible. I tried m3u files both relative and with absolute paths, and tried putting them in \playlists and in \music\playlists.

Any ideas?

trott

• World Citizen
Re: galaxy tab playlist problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

To answer my own question...it seems the player samsung created for the tab does not read its playlists from these files. So i could use some tips on good music apps on android.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: galaxy tab playlist problems
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »

There's another thread on here about the galaxy tab and playlists. Which mode you connect it in seems to make a difference.

Personally, I don't use playlists at all, but I'd suggest using Media Player mode to connect the device, or at least trying it.

As for music players, I'd recommend either 3 (cubed - hopefully that came out right!) or PowerAmp. You have to pay for PowerAmp, although there is a trial, and it's very highly rated.

Other than that, there's Zimly, and more recently Winamp, although I don't get why people are so fanatical about Winamp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up