INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jukebox vs MediaCenter Q for centralized server  (Read 1532 times)

bfisher

• Recent member
Jukebox vs MediaCenter Q for centralized server
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:23:34 pm »

I'm sorry, I spent a while searching and reading but still have a question if I can do something (and if yes, which version is best)

I am an old user (currently on MC10... been working great).  I am interested in a feature, but not sure which version I would need to support this.

I have a central music server along with centralized amps for each of my zones.  I have a home automation system that controls everything nicely.  I'd like to be able to pull up a page/screen on remote PCs (touchscreens) throughout my house that show the "playing now" list, or even lets the user select albums, etc.

Please note - I'm not looking for streaming to the remote zone... everything is centralized.  I just want to remotely view/control what is playing on the server's screen.

Is this possible?  Which is best - Jukebox or MC?  I just want music - no video.  If I read correctly, upgrading from MC10 is going to cause me to lose my library, playlists, etc so I want to be sure I have it right before I have to go about recreating all this.  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Jukebox vs MediaCenter Q for centralized server
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 02:25:41 pm »

Take a look at Gizmo and WebRemote on our Media Network board here.

If you backup in MC10, you can restore in MC15.  You will lose settings, but not your library or playlists.

bfisher

• Recent member
Re: Jukebox vs MediaCenter Q for centralized server
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:46:02 pm »

thanks for the quick reply - that does look like what I'm looking for.  as does xptunes.  Appears I probably want to upgrade to MC, not Jukebox for the most flexibility with these projects.  Looks like I have my next project lined up :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up