INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need step by step. flac files to iphone  (Read 4787 times)

RayfromTX

• Recent member
Need step by step. flac files to iphone
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »

I long ago loaded all my cds onto a hard drive and stored the cds in the attic. My wife and I both have iphone4s. I need instructions for dummies to convert these files to a proper format for the iphone and load them on. I have read all the threads that look like they pertain but I'm more confused than ever.

I hate itunes but will use it if I have to as part of the solution. I also have a 3gs that I use as a touch but she did me a favor and updated the os on it and in the process I lost all my pictures and music on it so now I'm tuneless for my workouts. Is there an angel out there that can take the time to walk us through this or point to another program to make it work. I loaded all the music to the hard drive with dbpoweramp. I would be so grateful as she is about to haul out boxes of cds and start ripping them again if I can't make this work. Cover art to go with the tunes would be great too.

Thanks in advance. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Need step by step. flac files to iphone
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:07 pm »

My suggestion is to use the MCiS from prod. See this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51734.0

MCiS works with iTunes to sync to your Apple products (e.g. iPhones, iPads, iTouch, iPod).

There is a document included with the download of MCiS that describes how to set everything up to sync flac.

RayfromTX

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:51:38 am »

I spent the weekend trying to make this work with no success. Message I get says typical causes include insufficient rights or unsupported file types. I think I followed the instructions to the letter. I really don't want to have to respin all my cds and my wife's. Can someone please help me figure this out. I need an angel. I so dislike itunes. I may just buy a different type of portable music player. Any suggestions there?

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:47:32 am »

This is how I do it to sync our iPhones...
This solution requires both MC and iTunes  :-[

(I don't have MC here at work so I can't check the exact option settings I have...)

In Windows create a folder for each iPhone to be your handheld
IN MC create a new Handheld device and point it to the newly created folder
In MC handheld options set the supported file type to mp3 (or something that the iPhone supports... I use mp3)
In MC Check the "Add Cover art to tags" when converting to get the cover art to iTunes
In MC set the number of conversion threads to reflect the number of cpu cores you have (We have a Phenom with 4 cores hence 4 conversion threads)
In MC I use the default playlist format (which I don't remember what it is...)
IN MC create a playlist to hold the files you want to sync
In MC Send the playlist to your newly created "virtual" handheld
(repeat for the other iPhone)

Open iTunes
In iTunes you should probably set "Manually manage the music etc" and "Copy the files to your iTunes library"
(Perhaps one could create a new iTunes library to be the handheld folder... My experience with iTunes is virtually none...)
Navigate to the windows folder where you created the handheld
Open the Playlist folder and drag the playlist-file (it has the same name you gave it when you created the playlist earlier) into iTunes and drop it somewhere over the Playlist-part (lower left corner in the iTunes windows)
iTunes copies the files to the music library... and you get a new playlist.
Then you can drag the playlist to your phone (you must connect the phone to itunes first...)
Your phone get synced. Hopefully.

I probably forgot to mention something, sorry for that  :P

This method is not ideal nor the only one. Haven't had the time to experiment with other methods.

HTH John

Pages: [1]   Go Up