INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Automatic Video Output Resolution Switching (Based On Source) Possible?  (Read 2461 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

For example, can video output resolution automatically switch based on if you have 720P or 1080i TV recording?  I read in the Wiki how you can have custom output settings for videos stored in the database, but it looks like you have to do this manually for each video.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

That is correct, however you only need to tag the files that you want to be played at a different resolution or refresh rate etc to what is your default setting.  The other option is to use Reclock as it will read the info and kick out to a VBS files where you can specificy what is do be done.  I've used both methods, the JR one is good in that it kicks the change off prior to the video starting to play (which some filters seem to like better that changes during playback).  I tend to find that I would tag a whole bunch of files in one hit (eg if a Ripped some NTSC DVD's by episode then I'd tag all of them in one hit - pretty easy).  Recock however is very easy one you have it setup (just set and forget), the downside is that you then need to use Reclock as your audio renderer for all video (eg you can not use JRSS etc).
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team

It looks like changing output settings (with right-click) during playback is not writing to the "Playback Info" tag as the Wiki suggests.  Is this not working anymore or has this process changed?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I know there were some issues trying recently where 24hz was not being enumerated on some systems that Yaobing looked at....but in testing just now on my desktop (not near the HTPC so I can not really test the refresh rate/res change) the crop edges & aspect ratio output settings were written correctly to the Playback Info tag for me (note: on a beta version however).

You can also manually edit the filed - it is in the format of "(1:2)(15:DisplaySettings)(15:1920x1080x32x24)(9:CropEdges)(1:1)" of course I don't know what happens (if anything) if you make a typo to this!
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Thanks.  I'll have to try this with more videos - it doesn't seem to write to "Playback Info" for DVD rips for me.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Thanks.  I'll have to try this with more videos - it doesn't seem to write to "Playback Info" for DVD rips for me.

Ahhh - when you say DVD Rips, do you mean:
- ISO Image
- DVD Structure, or
- File (eg MPG or VOB)?
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team

It is the original "VIDEO_TS" folder structure (multiple files).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

This feature was added to to allow the playback info to be changed for a file (not a structure) so I'm not surprised it will not work by right clicking during playback (though Yaobing may be able to exapand the use).  I wonder if it works by manually adding it to the DB - I'll give it a go and let you know.....
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Nope - does not work with DVD's stored as either ISO or in the folder structure.  You would have to ask for a feature enhancment I guess.
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Thanks for checking.  It would great to have the option for this to be done automatically (output to match source) if the "Playback Info" field is empty so that scaling, etc. can be done externally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up