INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Managing Compilation Albums and random track playing  (Read 1890 times)

jiffter

Managing Compilation Albums and random track playing
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:05:20 am »

Hi,
I'm using JRiver on a trial basis at the moment and i have to say since i last tried it out a year ago, it's come on in leaps and bounds.Having said that,there is alot of competition out there offering some very good media software and in many cases for free.That said no one minds paying for software if it comes up to the mark and so far this certainly does for me. before i decide to take the plunge and purchase JRiver there are a few questions i'd like to ask.
I've used Albumplayer and i've used MediaPortal for my music needs and both have worked very well with tagging etc. I tried putting some albums on JR last night, a mixture of bands, artists, and various compilation albums.The bands and artists loaded fine but the compilation albums were a nightmare all over the place. I tried tagging them from the internet even though they were already tagged properly but it made no difference.With the previous players i've mentioned it's never been a problem, i've tagged the comp album within the media software and it shows up in alphabetical order as a single album and not multiple albums with various tracks on them. I don't want to list them as albums or genres but as artists but of course when i do that i end up with multiple artists under the same album cover.

The next question is there a way of JR to play continuous random tracks from the entire album collection as apposed to just from one album, that would be brilliant if it were possible as again the previous software mentioned has that function.

Would appreciate any advice and many thanks in advance for helping out.

Niacin

Re: Managing Compilation Albums and random track playing
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:12:11 am »

For random listening of the entire collection:

Select Audio, Tracks
Choose play and ensure the "Shuffle" is on (the two straight arrows that appear just above the word "Google" (upper right hand corner)

jiffter

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:35:18 am »

Many thanks for the reply regarding the shuffle function.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:10:02 am »

Take a look at the Album Artist tag.  Our wiki has info on this too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up