INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA photo size limits?  (Read 2277 times)

anydaynowjto

DLNA photo size limits?
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:05:29 pm »

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this, so here goes...

I'm hoping Media Center can solve this problem, and if so, I would buy it because I don't see another way around this.

I recently began streaming my photos from my computer to my new LG blu-ray player, and then into my Samsung HD TV.  I'm doing all of this via DLNA using Windows Media Player 11.  It was quick and easy to set up. 

Everything was looking great and most of my photos stream fine, but I've found that the larger photo files from my Canon 7D digital SLR do not display.  From what I can see in the LG and DLNA documentation, it has something to do with the file size from this camera being far too large for either DLNA or the LG (or both) to handle.

My question:  Is there a way to reduce the size of a large file on the fly during (or before) DLNA streaming using Media Center so that these larger files will display? 

I would really hate to spend the time re-sizing all of the files from this camera so they'll display properly via DLNA streaming.  I would much prefer to use a software solution like Media Center on the fly to simply reduce the size of the file being streamed.

Does Media Center do this?

Thanks for any help...

John

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: DLNA photo size limits?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »

Set the image conversion size here:
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

anydaynowjto

Re: DLNA photo size limits?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:26 pm »

That's awesome.  That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for.   I will download the trial copy and test it out.  Thanks for the quick response!
Pages: [1]   Go Up