INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library management question  (Read 1148 times)

fleetz

• Recent member
Library management question
« on: February 04, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »

I  have just ripped a CD with 20 tracks with 20 different artists, when it finished it created 20 albums which I don't want. Is there a way to have all there songs/artist in the one covert art folder on MC15?

Thanks and regards,

Fleetz

Niacin

Re: Library management question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:39 pm »

It will do that when the "Album Artist Field" is left blank. It's easily forgotten when ripping a few albums at a time. If you enter something in the field prior to ripping, such as "Various Artists" (or whatever you plan to use for the value) then it will rip to one folder.

RickBND

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:40:35 am »

Ok is there anyway to fix this after ripping? I just started to use JR and I do not want to go back and rip all the albums again that this happened to.

RickBND

Niacin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:25:14 am »

Type in the correct "album artist" name and copy it. Paste it to the "album artist" field in the tag of each of the folders in question. Click refresh and, it should be, all amalgamated into the one folder/album. You'll need to ensure the album name is standard across all the above as well.

If you use the term "Various Artists", then ensure that's in the "Album artist" field. If you use this convention, you only need to type "Vari" and the rest autofills - then hit <cr>. The actual artist (for each individual track) is then entered in the "Artist "field.

When you're ripping just ensure that something is filled in for the aforementioned fields prior to ripping. It won't matter what it is as long as something is there. Then when it's ripped you can tag the one album folder and update any fields at your leisure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up