INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Device Sync Remotely  (Read 1563 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Device Sync Remotely
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:01:58 pm »

I am syncing a handheld device (to folder FLAC to MP3) remotely while connected via library server.  Thankfully, MC will pull the audio files over the library server connection.  However, this takes a long time to transfer FLAC files.  All of the files are available via the SAME directory path locally.  In other words, //server/song1.flac is available immediately over the LAN on both systems.  MC insists on downloading the file over the internet during a sync...but it will play the local FLAC in playback mode.

Could device sync ever look for a local file just as media playback does?  This would mean syncing a device would take roughly 1/10 (minimum) less time.  This is a huge and unnecessary delay.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Device Sync Remotely
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:46:19 pm »

i need to know how to do this... you saying we can take our droid phones\smartphones, sync to jriver and then have the hardcopies on our droids\smartphones?

Can we save files now when we are away from home on our other devices (meaning be at my parents login with my laptop and along with listening to my server files i can grab them too, then be able to manipulate them in 3rd party software\sync to devices through usb stick, burn them to disc etc? grab them and just drag them to desktop?)

If so, how please.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:42:41 pm »

Bump please

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:22:58 pm »

I am syncing the mp3 output on my local server system and then pushing the mp3s back to the over server, over the internet.  This isn't terrible and seems like the best option at the moment.  It has some advantages in other ways as well, such as letting the server system manage the device syncs so there is no question about saving them since they're created directly on the real, live database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up