INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion to mp3 but no cover art embedded in mp3 files  (Read 1157 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Conversion to mp3 but no cover art embedded in mp3 files
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:02:11 pm »

Hi

I have a fully tagged library of wav files in mc15 which i converted to mp3 for the purpose of exporting to iTunes and then to iPad.

After converting to mp3 the mp3 files appear in MC with tagged cover art, but there is no cover art embedded in the file.  Therefore when i send the mp3 files to iTunes using MC all cover art is missing.  If I re-tag the mp3 files before exporting the cover art becomes embedded in the file , apparent by it's appearance in Windows explorer.

Any ideas how to get the cover art embedded on the action of format conversion.  I have selected the option of storing cover art in a separate folder and within the file where supported, so I was expecting the mp3 file thumbnails to show the image in explorer.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Conversion to mp3 but no cover art embedded in mp3 files
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

Are you using the 'File Conversion' tool or a virtual Handheld (with conversion enabled) to do the sync / conversion?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:13:03 am »

I use the file conversion tool within MC to create mp3 files from wav files and I save these new mp3 files in a new folder. So my wav files are in one folder location and mp3 files in another folder location.

All the track name, artist name, album, year etc metadata are transferred to the mp3 files, just not the cover art.

Could the reason be because in options I can only assign a single Audio file location (in my case where the original wav files are saved). So that when i do the format conversion in MC, and then check the option for adding cover art to the file where supported MC tries to embed cover art to wav files, which it is unable to do? Do I need to create a workaround by temporarily re-assigning my Audio file location to my mp3 file location? Is this going to stuff up my library or database links?

I can manually embed cover art in mp3 files by doing a right mouse click and searching for the cover art file from on disk, or Internet.

Cheers

Z0001

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:45 pm »

I resolved this: created a library view for the mp3 files, did a mass remove cover art, but did not delete from disk; finally did a mass get from cover art folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up