INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No way to save view in MJ 14 was possible in MJ12  (Read 2283 times)

Sadashiv1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
No way to save view in MJ 14 was possible in MJ12
« on: February 08, 2011, 01:07:37 pm »

In MJ12 there was an option to save view based on fields customized. That one is done differently.
I can add a view under Audio. That view always shows big icons. I can click (left button) on a column which shows two options:

1. Sort inside Groups by <column name)
2. Sort All files by <column name> (removes grouping temporarily)

I prefer to see all entries in a list manner. Every time I come to my view it shows big icons and groups its own way.
I can remove grouping "temporarily". What my problem is that I can not force M14 to remove grouping permanently.

Is there any other way I can make MJ14 remember my customized view (with or without grouping) and save it for my view or [provided
views such as pane, album, etc.)

I also would like to sue that view in "Playing Now" also. In MJ12 I was able to use my saved view. For me at least this a major step backward if it is not possible.

sdaughtry

• Recent member
Re: No way to save view in MJ 14 was possible in MJ12
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:27:15 pm »

Using MC16 - would also like to be able to permanently "untoggle" the option to group together files (i.e. the AUDIO list that displays all MP3 files in a column fashion) - STRONGLY dislike having to disable the grouping option within a view every time I change to a different artist. Grouping looks great but in practice is a hinderance.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:27:42 am »

Using MC16 - would also like to be able to permanently "untoggle" the option to group together files (i.e. the AUDIO list that displays all MP3 files in a column fashion) - STRONGLY dislike having to disable the grouping option within a view every time I change to a different artist. Grouping looks great but in practice is a hinderance.
Wrong forum, but, have you tried the view header menu?

Just click "None" to turn off grouping.

Sadashiv, I'm not sure if it's there in MJ14, but is the first place you should look.

-marko

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:31:51 am »

I'm using Version 16 and have the same issue. I don't see how to disable the grouping. My menu under "View" does not show an option for "Group By".

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:22 am »

I'm using Version 16 and have the same issue. I don't see how to disable the grouping. My menu under "View" does not show an option for "Group By".

That would be because the view in question is a Categories view.  The Group By item isn't relevant there.  Once you expand the view to see the Files list, there is a Group By in the Files list header to group the list of files as desired.

Panes views have Group By.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:42:49 am »

I am in full screen mode. I've got 4 categories at the top of my screen and then my full library list in a window right below those categories. That full library, by default is always displaying in some sort of Album order, even though the "name" column has an up arrow 1, that should indicate that that is the first criteria for the sort. If I click name to sort, then, of course, the option to "...remove the grouping temporarily" is presented, and it works. How do I get that to always be the case. You mention expanding to see "the Files list". Are you referring to one of my optional headers. (not sure how to insert or upload the screenshot).. Thanks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:57:21 am »

Can you copy/paste your thread to the MC16 board in a new thread.  It's more appropriate there.  I'll respond when it is posted.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up