INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control of videos freezing in Theatre View  (Read 1433 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Remote control of videos freezing in Theatre View
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:15:46 pm »

So, I'm new to JRiver Media Centre but am aiming to have a set-up that is robust enough to be used by others without my input for both music and videos. This means the entire solution being managed by remote (as opposed to a keyboard). The issue that I've got right now is that the remote works well for music but, on a not infrequent basis, seems to stop working when browsing movies / videos in "theatre view" and I need to intervene with the keyboard. It seems to happen under the "other" category (although I'm not sure if this is always true) and, after a while of inaction, the theatre view is modified to show the windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Any ideas as to what to do to diagnose and solve this issue?

Regards,
Zydeco

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote control of videos freezing in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:31:42 am »

So, I'm new to JRiver Media Centre but am aiming to have a set-up that is robust enough to be used by others without my input for both music and videos. This means the entire solution being managed by remote (as opposed to a keyboard). The issue that I've got right now is that the remote works well for music but, on a not infrequent basis, seems to stop working when browsing movies / videos in "theatre view" and I need to intervene with the keyboard. It seems to happen under the "other" category (although I'm not sure if this is always true) and, after a while of inaction, the theatre view is modified to show the windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Any ideas as to what to do to diagnose and solve this issue?
Make sure you have the latest build.  15.0.174 is on our download page.

You may not have DirectShow filters installed.  You could read the "DirectShow Guide" on our Wiki and consider installing CCCP.

It's also possible that your files are on a network drive and take a long time to access.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:13:24 am »

My guess is that some Directshow filter is taking the focus (normally with a tray icon) when we try to build a thumbnail in the background.

You might build all your thumbnails at once using Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails...

If you know what filter is taking the keyboard focus, please let us know.  We may be able to add special handling for it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:00:23 pm »

I used to have the same issue with ffdshow. It would steal the focus off Theater View. In my case I could turn off the tray icons in the ffdshow settings. I know a few filters has similar settings to disable tray icons. Worth checking your filters for this option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up