INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library upgrade from v12 to v15  (Read 1039 times)

Gork

• Recent member
Library upgrade from v12 to v15
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:25 pm »

I'm a noob to v15, just barely upgraded from v12 mainly for the ability to add tags to WAVs.  Sadly I was unable to create a library file from scratch due to the fact my WAV files (ripped from my CDs) do not currently contain tag information.

I created my views, sorts and setings the way I wanted them in v15 then first tried exporting my v12 library and importing it (minus settings) into v15.  I lost all the library views I created, as well as the default ones included with v15 and sort settings - along with a few other tweaks I'd created.

So I loaded my default empty v15 library view I created back up (thank God I saved it all) and followed the instructions in the wiki - upgrading the library database from v12 to v13 to v14.  I noticed when I installed v15 it didn't automatically find the v14 library and offer to convert it as was the case going from v12 to v13 and from v13 to v14, so I exported the v14 library and imported it into v15.

v15 finished the import then froze.  (This happened exporting from v12 and importing directly into v15 btw.)  I tried this several times with the same "freezing" results.  After forcing the application to close I could restart and all seemed fine with my library, except same as before, the library view I created, as well as the default ones and sort settings and a few other minor things, were replaced with the settings from the old library.

Should I expect anything different?  I'm guessing I'll just have to deal with it.  I wish I could simply re-create the library from scratch, but that's not an option since my WAVs don't have tags.  I'm thinking about seeing if I can have v15 add tags to my existing WAVs (is this even possible?  I know I can add tags to WAVs as I create them in v15 at least) then re-creating the library database from scratch.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library upgrade from v12 to v15
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:03:01 pm »

You should be able to restore a library backup from any older version into version 15.  There should be no need (or advantage) to creating a new library from scratch.

However, replacing a library backup will replace all playlists, views, and files (since that's what the library is).

I don't think there's any simple way to keep views from v15 but restore files from v12.

Good luck and thanks for upgrading.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gork

• Recent member
Re: Library upgrade from v12 to v15
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:13 am »

Kinda' what I figured - thanks fro the clarification so I know I'm not just overlooking something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up