INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New MC16 Features and How to Upgrade  (Read 19363 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
New MC16 Features and How to Upgrade
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »

Thanks for considering JRiver Media Center 16.

MC16 can be installed alongside any older version of MC back to 11.1, and used at the same time.

Here's How to Upgrade to MC16.  (If you purchase MC15 after January 1, 2011, you should have received an MC16 license that will work with MC15 or MC16.)  If you purchase MC16 now, you will receive an MC17 license (this began on October 1, 2011).

Questions or Problems

SOME OF THE NEW FEATURES

MORE NEW FEATURES

Here's How to Upgrade to MC16.

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: New MC16 Features and How to Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:41 pm »

(Upgrading Issue)

Hi Folks,
I just installed MC16.031 along side of my registered MC15 and followed the upgrade instructions.
I then clicked on the "Help" drop-down menu but there was no selection/option to "Buy."  When I select the "Registration Info..." option, it indicates that my installation is "registered" and lists my name.

Am I just a little too early here?  Do I need to wait for a later Beta release before I'll be able to purchase an upgrade?  Hoping to get the $16.98 price before the 28th...
-JT

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:11:06 am »

(Upgrading Issue)

Hi Folks,
I just installed MC16.031 along side of my registered MC15 and followed the upgrade instructions.
I then clicked on the "Help" drop-down menu but there was no selection/option to "Buy."  When I select the "Registration Info..." option, it indicates that my installation is "registered" and lists my name.

Am I just a little too early here?  Do I need to wait for a later Beta release before I'll be able to purchase an upgrade?  Hoping to get the $16.98 price before the 28th...
It will require the next build, 16.0.32.  This should be available in a day or two.

Thanks for thinking about upgrading.

waterpolo

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »

You mean "It will require the next build, 16.0.32"

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:55 pm »

Thanks.  16.0.32 is out now.  See the Upgrade Instructions for a link.

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »

Can confirm that it is possible to purchase licence for JRiver Media Center 16 when 16.0.032 Beta is installed. I have been most impressed with Version 15. I initially had a problem getting the software to work with my system but I got really good service from you guys and the problem resolved. I'm happy to continue using JRiver and buy my licence for Version 16 (It works out at just over £10 if you purchase before 28/02/11)

One question ... Version 16 installed without any problems. Should I unintsall Version 15 or keep it until Version 16 gets out of beta and into final release?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »

Can confirm that it is possible to purchase licence for JRiver Media Center 16 when 16.0.032 Beta is installed. I have been most impressed with Version 15. I initially had a problem getting the software to work with my system but I got really good service from you guys and the problem resolved. I'm happy to continue using JRiver and buy my licence for Version 16 (It works out at just over £10 if you purchase before 28/02/11)

One question ... Version 16 installed without any problems. Should I unintsall Version 15 or keep it until Version 16 gets out of beta and into final release?
Thanks.  Just run both until you're sure you want to switch.

Ĝistein Rian

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 04:17:01 am »

Upgraded to 16.0.32.
Playing video is a big problem. Opening video files takes forever.

I think it's a little early to ask people to upgrade...

pinhead216

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 05:58:29 am »

Upgrading worked like a charm  :D

However browsing through the menu system in Theater View seems to hang the application. (no respons to mouse or keyboard actions, also I noticed high processor usage and disk access during the event). Terminating the process was the only solution.
I've managed to watch a video in Theater view but was able to reproduce the event after that.

Good to see an already excellent application evolve further

paabel

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 01:44:06 pm »

I don't like this upgrade policy very much. I registered MC 15 at the end of October 2010 and now, in order to use MC 16, I need to pay again. This is dissappointing somehow. I had known that, I would have waited a little longer...

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 05:08:19 pm »

What happened to the "Play Radio" feature under PLAYER on the MC16? With a 15,000+ album music library, this is the 1 feature I can not live without. I hace already purchased the MC16 in my continuing support of JRiver. Thanks.

Cheers,
Robin

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »

What happened to the "Play Radio" feature under PLAYER on the MC16? With a 15,000+ album music library, this is the 1 feature I can not live without. I hace already purchased the MC16 in my continuing support of JRiver. Thanks.

Cheers,
Robin
With nothing playing, click on Playing Now.   You'll see Play Doctor, the replacement for radio

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »

With nothing playing, click on Playing Now.   You'll see Play Doctor, the replacement for radio

Got it,,, thanks. It's a bit nerve racking to relearn each upgraded player for this old audiophile and I always tend to spend a lot of time recustomizing each section of AUDIO to my liking. It's been a few hours since I bought MC16 and to my surprise all the many parameter chnages that I had made in MC15 have been transferred to MC16 so I won't have to go back and try to copy what I had already done to MC15. That in itself is a huge timesaver and a headache reliever for me. Now I can just concentrate on learning the new features like PLAYING NOW.

Thanks for your time Jim.

Cheers,
Robin

alebena

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 07:39:24 pm »

This might be a dumb question but does Media Version 16 work with XP.  I have downloaded this version and the theatre view does not work.  Can I load version 15 again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up