INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Update - but some wishes for development  (Read 3437 times)

fhelenius

• Recent member
Great Update - but some wishes for development
« on: February 17, 2011, 01:23:08 pm »

Hi

I have just bought the update to version 16 - and everything seems to work smothly. The sound is great and am looking forward to try out the new features.

I have some wishes though:
- a timecode on Gizmo - not just the coverart but also a timeline which shows the time of the track as it is playing
- backcovers - it irritates me that I can only in music apply a front-cover or artist-cover - I would like the opportunity to have multiple covers on a sound file - front cover, back cover, artist cover - also here a chance to see comments made on the file.

- The playing now function - these items have been the same the last versions - these could really need an update

Otherwise I have been using JRiver for more than a year now and am really satisfied - especially Gizmo is great to use.

Thanks for the good work - keep updating

all the best
Frank Helenius
Denmark

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Great Update - but some wishes for development
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

We'd like to add a position bar to Gizmo.

Could you expand on what you mean by this:
- The playing now function - these items have been the same the last versions - these could really need an update

Cheers.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 02:16:32 pm »

Hi

Thanks for answering back :)

In The Playing Now function - you have the possibility to choose "Track info" - her in track info you can choose between noice, noire viz, dreamstate - these functions here have been the same the last versions.

I have also been using foobar, media monkey - in these programs there is a possibility to see
-different covers attached to the soundfile (front, back artist)
-integrated dynamic info from wikipedia, allmuic, lastfm
- biography taken and shown from last fm (taken dynamicly from the tag of the sound-fileI
- comments/notes tagged in the soundfile

The functions in the now playing are as I see it leftovers from previsous versions - that needs updating. Some of these functions could make the program so much better.

It would also be great if someone could work on skins where some of these functions are integrated. Or perhaps you could sell skins with them. It would give the player so much more.

For example see here:
http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/media/foobar2000/?order=5&offset=24#/d33pj8h

all the best
Frank Helenius
Denmark

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »

You do have the opportunity, to make your own playing now if you know a little html....

I have made this one, matching a skin I made from two other skins (The fly and IFusion)

This way I can see front and backcover, bandlogo, band-image and a lot of other info from tags.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:18:14 pm »

You might also try Theater View if you're looking for something nice looking.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:05:46 pm »

You might also try Theater View if you're looking for something nice looking.

I agree.  I used to pine for a better Track Info display in Playing Now.

Now I leave Playing Now in standard view set to G-Force basically all the time (for audio anyway), and I use Theater View for all of those types of functions.  One thing I've considered though... I would really love a way to display Lyrics in Theater View's Playing Now.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:17:24 am »

I would really love a way to display Lyrics in Theater View's Playing Now.

It's not quite the same thing, but I enjoy reading lyrics (album reviews and artist bios) in the PN List view—along side a G-Force display. Synchronized lyrics in the main PN view would be nice.

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 10:11:38 am »

HI

When you write about how to make you own playing now function - is there anywhere I can read about this - a sort of a manual. I know quite a bit html - and would love to play with these functions. I would like to read about the possibilities and how to get started,

Apart from this I still think a skin which integrates from the web is optimal for music.

All looking forward to timeline in Gizmo.

I´ll write back about the experience I have with adjusting. I have personalized my links to they refer to useful websites dynamicly in Denmark ie. Bibliotek.dk

all the best
Frank Helenius
Denmark

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 11:02:47 am »

Hi

You can read and learn about here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Track_Info_Template_SDK

Bare spørg hvis der er noget du vil vide.........

Thomas
Hårlev  - Danmark

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 01:22:58 pm »

It's not quite the same thing, but I enjoy reading lyrics (album reviews and artist bios) in the PN List view—along side a G-Force display. Synchronized lyrics in the main PN view would be nice.

I do this too sometimes, and it is nice.  But anymore, I very, very rarely actually use the Playing Now view in Standard View on my HTPC.  I'm either in Full Screen view or Theater View.

On my regular PCs, I usually have MC minimized if it is playing because I have stuff to do.  ;)

rick.ca

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 04:37:23 pm »

But anymore, I very, very rarely actually use the Playing Now view in Standard View on my HTPC.

I was referring to the PN List view in Theatre View. Include [Lyrics] in the large File Info Panel.

rick.ca

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »

Synchronized lyrics in the main PN view would be nice.

I couldn't help myself...This isn't a perfect solution, but it works for me. The screen shot shows a "floating" MiniLyrics window placed on top of the PN visualization window. I've programmed my remote to "Bring to front/Hide" the MiniLyrics window so I can display it only when/where appropriate. (It also works nicely on top of a full screen G-Force visualization.) The fact this is necessary, of course, is the imperfect part. :-\

pcstockton

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 01:40:03 am »

Synchronized lyrics in the main PN view would be nice.

That and Biography are the ONLY, and I mean ONLY, reasons Foobar is still on my computer and used for 1.2 of my listening.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 03:54:49 pm »

I was referring to the PN List view in Theatre View. Include [Lyrics] in the large File Info Panel.

Ahhh... Of course.  I'm dumb.  Ignore me.

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 11:28:17 pm »

I'd also love to see "multiple" album cover art support front, back, inner, etc.
Thanks for listening and great Sweet 16 update!
Pages: [1]   Go Up