INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! I am struggling to get ALAC played with DirectShow & DC Bass  (Read 2740 times)

samwisesam

• Recent member

Hi

all my CD's have been saved in ALAC as I use ITunes. I am now looking at getting into Computer Audio by linking my laptop to my Hi Fi via a Audiolab DAC. I now want to use JRiver MC. I have been following the guidance on this forum and I have downloaded DirectShow and installed the DC Bass filter. The DS file is saved in my programe folders. I have then gone to MC tools/options/files and selected AAC aUDIO/m4a. Playback method shows JRiver audio engine (using direct show filter). However, DC Bass doesn't appear in the Source Filter list. What I am I doing wrong? I am using the latest version of MC but on trial currently. I don't want to commit until I know I can use the MC fully with ALAC files. I have the output mode set to ASIO as that is what my DAC recommends.

I'd really appreciate some advice as I am a novice with computer audio and struggling to solve the issues I keep hitting.

thanks Jamie

:-\

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HELP! I am struggling to get ALAC played with DirectShow & DC Bass
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:57:46 pm »

It should show up in the filter list (mine does).
You could try going to the directory that DC-Bass was installed to and there is a register.bat there you could try running...

samwisesam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:00 am »

thanks Bob

I'll give it a go after I get home from work. Do I need to assign JRIver to use DirectShow rather than Quick Time? I don't have Quick Time installed anyway so assumed JRiver would use DS instead.

thanks

J

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 10:11:37 am »

thanks Bob

I'll give it a go after I get home from work. Do I need to assign JRiver to use DirectShow rather than Quick Time? I don't have Quick Time installed anyway so assumed JRiver would use DS instead.

thanks

J
Automatic should work, though you could try "JRiver Audio Engine using Direct Show Filters"

samwisesam

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

hi again,

there is no register.bat file in DS or Bass sub folder. I followed the links on this site to download the files and went to un4seen site to get latest Bass filters - i have ensured they are all installed. The playback method shows jriver audio engine using DS filters but still no DC Bass filter inI source filter drop down. Any other ideas? I am stuffed without ALAC decoding,

cheers Jamie

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 01:27:30 pm »

hi again,

there is no register.bat file in DS or Bass sub folder. I followed the links on this site to download the files and went to un4seen site to get latest Bass filters - i have ensured they are all installed. The playback method shows jriver audio engine using DS filters but still no DC Bass filter inI source filter drop down. Any other ideas? I am stuffed without ALAC decoding,

cheers Jamie
http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=15
I grabbed the 1.3.0 installer, ran it and got a
Program Files->DSP-Worx->DC-Bass Source
folder with a bunch of dll's and a register.bat. Running the installer from the zip file is supposed to insert the filters, you shouldn't have to run register.bat.

samwisesam

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 07:01:50 am »

Bob

that seems to have done the trick! Thanks very much, I just need to try it out now.

cheers Jamie

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up