INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] DSP window always visible  (Read 1755 times)

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
[Feature Request] DSP window always visible
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:15:37 am »

I know it's one more feature request, and you already have a very long list of those... Just trying ;)

I use MC for guitar practice, because its DSP plugin (Pitch & Tempo) is really nice. But I find a bit annoying that the DSP window disappears each time I click on the main window to control the playback... An "Always on top" option (setting ? checkbox in the DSP window ? or just not an option, set by default) would be very handy.

Thanks in advance !

Raph

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: [Feature Request] DSP window always visible
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:50:47 am »

If you don't have the main window as full screen, you can have the left side of the screen with the main window and the you can put the DSP window on the right side of the screen.

Instead of the DSP being Always On Top, you can have the Mini View set as Always On Top.You can also switch to the eutou mini view. This one has the option for Always on Top. Once the option is set, you can use any Mini View, but not all of them have this option available for turning of/off. Next right click on the skin, go to options, and click Always on Top. You can also uncheck  Inactive Transparent. Now switch back to Standard View and open the DSP. Switch to one of the Mini Views and place it on top of the DSP. Now you can can control MC while watching the DSP.

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:31:48 am »

I will try that.
Is there a playing now window in (any) Mini View ?
In fact, I need a 2nd display :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:40 am »

I'd like to see DSP Studio integrated into the main program as an item under each zone in Playing Now.  Each DSP could have a 'Popout' button to allow it to be a popup window.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:04:16 am »

+1

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »

Is there a playing now window in (any) Mini View ?

I used (with version 15) the Paradigm Essence mini view (sort by Most Recent to find it) with it set to "Always on Top." I positioned this mini view at the top of my screen. It sat there nicely and didn't interfere with any of my programs. It also shows the current song/album and elapsed time/total time of each track. You can click on a button and view the current playlist, too. The taskbar mini players usually just give you controls. I don't need controls since I have them on my keyboard. However, I do like to see what is playing. The default has the flyout screens appear at the top of the bar, but you can change them to appear at the bottom of the bar (by clicking the button with three dots on the right of the bar and clicking "Window") so that the mini view can be placed at the top of the screen.

I haven't been able to get it to work with V16. Any suggestions?

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 05:41:34 pm »

I haven't been able to get it to work with V16. Any suggestions?

I just installed it (for the first time) to MC16, and it works fine. Have you tried re-installing it? If that doesn't work, maybe it's because the .MJP file type is still associated with MC15 (I've uninstalled MC15).  :-\

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 09:29:30 am »

I'd like to see DSP Studio integrated into the main program as an item under each zone in Playing Now.  Each DSP could have a 'Popout' button to allow it to be a popup window.
I did not even dare requesting an integration to the main windows :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up