INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature in MC16 - Move tabs  (Read 1845 times)

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature in MC16 - Move tabs
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:56:00 pm »

Is there any plan to allow changing the order of open tabs? I would really like to be able to do this. Sometime I get a lot of tabs open and like to keep related tabs next to each other.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature in MC16 - Move tabs
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:14:27 am »

+1

vagskal

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »

+1 (and allow this in locked views as well)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 12:10:33 pm »

Locking tabs would solve this issue for me.  Been discussed before but I don't recall the conclusion.

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »

Locking tabs would solve this issue for me.  Been discussed before but I don't recall the conclusion.

?

You want to have tabs both moveable and locked (i.e. staying open in the same place always)?

I made this feature request last summer:
Locked views:

1. It should not be possible to close a tab in a locked view. Many times I have closed a tab in a locked view when I wanted to close a browser window/tab in another view, which means that I have to unlock the view and add that tab again and then lock the view.

2. It could be considered to remove the new tab tab in locked views because there is not much one can do with the start window. A smarter approach would be the following: If a start window is active, send commands to that window even if is in a locked view. If this approach is chosen, then perhaps it should be possible after all to also close tabs in locked views.

An easier way to lock and unlock views would be nice, but I think this has already been requested.

Maybe it is no. 1 above you want as well as the ability to move the tabs in the same view (or even between views) regardless of whether the view is locked or not?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 01:13:52 pm »

?

You want to have tabs both moveable and locked (i.e. staying open in the same place always)?

Yes, and no :D

I have preferred positions for my tabs and the views in them; if they get out of place I'd like to move them.  But if I could lock them they wouldn't get out of place in the first place...

vagskal

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »

Yes, and no :D

I have preferred positions for my tabs and the views in them; if they get out of place I'd like to move them.  But if I could lock them they wouldn't get out of place in the first place...

OK, I see. But having new tabs always open in the rightmost position in the view would probably achieve that. That seems logical. I would like that too, as well as an option to lock individual tabs in the sense that they cannot be closed.

justsomeguy

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 12:30:35 am »

I would like that too, as well as an option to lock individual tabs in the sense that they cannot be closed.

I like that idea.  I've mistakenly closed tabs before and wished I could get them back in the state they were before i closed them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up