INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 Not Importing AlbumArt*.jpg Image Files  (Read 1665 times)

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
MC15 Not Importing AlbumArt*.jpg Image Files
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:39:26 am »

I can't seem to get MC to import the WMP generated image files:

AlbumArt_{xxxxx}_Large.jpg
AlbumArt_{xxxxx}_Small.jpg
AlbumArtSmall.jpg

Are they ignored, is there a setting somewhere, or am I just doing something wrong?

I want to use MC to find and delete them all.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC15 Not Importing AlbumArt*.jpg Image Files
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:22:58 am »

The Microsoft programs set those files to have the hidden and system file attributes. MC does not import such files.

You can set Windows Explorer to show the hidden files and system files (and if preferred, also the filename extensions for known file types) and use its standard search feature for finding all files that have the string "AlbumArt" in the filename.

To change the attributes you can use the free Attribute Changer tool. However you should be able to delete the files directly from the search window once they have been listed.

Personally, I rarely use Windows Search and I have disabled Windows Indexing Service. I use Locate32 for my file searches. It is a bit like MC, because it can create a very fast, searchable database of all files, including files that may be offline. Once the database has been created it can search disconnected hard drives, network shares, flash drives, optical media, etc and show you where the files are located.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC15 Not Importing AlbumArt*.jpg Image Files
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »

Ah, that makes sense, thanks!

Btw, for those interested in search programs for Windows, I like FindOnClick by 2BrightSparks which is extremely fast and doesn't require file indexing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up