INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Duration, Bitrate, and Compression from MPG files  (Read 2116 times)

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Missing Duration, Bitrate, and Compression from MPG files
« on: February 21, 2011, 01:01:07 am »

I have several MPG files that MC (v15.0.174) doesn't display the duration, bitrate, or compression. Some of these files are also missing the dimensions.

The files were downloaded from a TiVo and decrypted using KMTTG. The attributes missing in MC are visible in Windows Explorer and other media players like VLC.

I have done this with many files and most of them display the attributes correctly using exactly the same process.

I have CCCP installed and have tried "Reset all settings" and "Re-Register all filters" with no success.

I have also tried in MC the "Update Library (from tags)" option without any success.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Is there some way to get MC to "see" or generate the missing attributes?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Missing Duration, Bitrate, and Compression from MPG files
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:06:31 am »

"Update Library (from tags)" will analyze the files.  If that doesn't get information, it means the splitter filter configured for MPG in Options > Video can't parse the file.  You could try picking a few different splitter filters (Haali, etc.) to see if any of them work better.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Re: Missing Duration, Bitrate, and Compression from MPG files
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:16:21 pm »

I tried "Update Library (from tags)" and it didn't work. My problem is that it get the file attributes for most files correctly. It's only a few files that have the problem.

Why would it work for some files and not all of them? I have found that moving the files from one directory to another sometimes forces a "refresh" of the attributes, but not always.

The refresh seems to work better if the files are moved when MC isn't running and I later force an Auto Import.

Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up