INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Playlists to New Version  (Read 1242 times)

kaplapd

• Recent member
Moving Playlists to New Version
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:18:12 pm »

I suspect this one is easy but....   I have just installed Version 16 and I would like to copy my playlists from version 15 into the new version.  How do I do that? 

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Moving Playlists to New Version
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:27:44 pm »

You can export the playlists from MC15 (File > Export Playlist... or Export All Playlists...) and import them to MC16, but it would be better to restore the complete library (= database). A restored library includes the playlists. MC16 tries to do the restore process automatically on the first install, but perhaps you don't have MC15 installed on the same PC/OS or you have more than one library in MC15.

- If you have several libraries you can do this:

I have two libraries in MC15 (15.0.174). After install of 16.0.31, it imports my default library but not my other library. How can I import my other library easily?

1. In MC15, load your other library and create a new library backup file. (File > Library > Back Up Library...)

2. In MC16, Open the "add library" window:

3. Add a new empty library:

4. Restore the MC15 library backup file to this library (click the tree item to access the restore window):

- If you have only one library you can simply restore it to M16's Main Library.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up