INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main Library Location - How to control  (Read 1861 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Main Library Location - How to control
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:32 pm »

In MC 15, I could control the location of the main library with "manage library"

I haven't figured out how to control the location of the main library in MC16 which doesn't seem to have that command.

I want to store the main library (and all libraries) with my normal data (e.g., in the My documents area).

With MC 16, the main library is created with the restore function (can't figure out how else to do it) and I can't seem to control the location.  The other libraries I seem to be able to control with add libraries, but the main library isn't even deletable, it seems.

I am probably just being stupid, so maybe someone can help me out.  I want to control the location of ALL libraries. (I don't use a server).
John

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Main Library Location - How to control
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:30:42 am »

Quit the same topic, can't find a way to remove libraries. I got a "new library" I'd like to remove:-)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:38:24 am »

I can answer the "remove" question, for all except the main library.  Go to "playing now" in the tree and find the, expand the library list to find the library you want to delete (it can't be active).  Right click and there will be delete command.  It works.  There probably is another way to get at that menu, but that one works. 
John

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:52 am »

Nice, thanks!
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

jack wallstreet

Re: Main Library Location - And Other Library Management
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:14:51 pm »

After experimentation, for those who need help I thought I would post the following (MC 16.39)

1. Main library cannot be moved as in previous versions.  It is always in the roaming folder
2. Main library cannot be deleted.  It can be cleared and it can be restored
3. Additional libraries can be anywhere.  Once created (can be created empty), they can be populated by restoring, if desired.  Must be the active library to restore.

If anyone finds any errors or has more to add, please correct this post.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up