INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing MC15 on new computer. Library help.  (Read 1397 times)

makersjam

• Recent member
Installing MC15 on new computer. Library help.
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:06:22 pm »

I've tried searching for this but am overlooking the answer if it's out there. It's also possible the answer is obvious and I'm just getting old and can't figure it out.

I have my library files stored on a WHS and mainly listen to my music from my desktop. I also have a laptop and a HTPC which access the library. A month or so ago my desktop needed sent away for service so I began using my laptop as my main way of listening to music. I now have replaced my desktop with a new computer and cannot figure out how the best way to get MC15 linked back to the same library with the play counts and dates all present. Is there a best way to do this? I see my library data is located in the default directory on my laptop. How can I get this over to my desktop and use it as the base location for the library?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jim W

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installing MC15 on new computer. Library help.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:29:37 pm »

This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Moving_Files

MC's database (library) and the media files should be moved as a set.

makersjam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:45:51 pm »

Thanks for the prompt reply Jim.

My actual media files will not be changing location. They are staying on my WHS. So I will not be moving any files. I would just like to access the library as is using MC15 on my new computer with all play stats and dates intact. I want to be able to get the base location of MC's database from my laptop to my new desktop. Not the media files. They will stay put.

makersjam

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:51:36 pm »

OK it appears I got it to work simply by copying the \users\...\Media Center 15\Library folder from my laptop to my new desktop.

Hopefully this is all I need.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up