INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD menu freeze  (Read 2702 times)

Deyv

DVD menu freeze
« on: February 24, 2011, 02:16:46 pm »

Hi,

I am trying JRiver and so far I am very impressed by the audio part of it. Everything is there, it's great! But.....

My DVD's won't get pass the menu. The previews work fine but MC freeze when it get's to the DVD Menu.

For your information, I installed CCCP to get the subtitles working.

Please help, I am waiting on this to work before paying for it.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DVD menu freeze
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:15:50 pm »

I don't know if it's your problem, but the ffdshow video decoder doesn't work well for DVD and can do this.

In Options > Video > DVD, try picking a different decoder.  In my experience, the Gabest filter and Microsoft filter both work well.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:46:42 am »

Hi!

I have just purchased after extensive evaluation like yourself. So fisrt post! Hopefully a helpful one.

I had the same problem after loading the default filters and adding a tryout build of ffdshow (to add truehd and dts ma bitstreaming). Some DVD menus would just freeze and cause an application crash.

I also had frequent more annoying system crashes with tmt5, needing a hard reset. Couldn't even get the task manager up. So I installed powerdvd10. This comes with some filters of its own - so I use this for video decoding and it completely sorted my DVD menu freezing issues.

I don't think you even have to purchase powerdvd to keep using these either. Although I probably will after the trial as I want to play bluray iso files too.

SBR

Deyv

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 09:21:38 am »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The video decoder was set to automatic so I don't know which one was causing the problem. I manually selected the Gabest and it worked. I just need to watch a movie with subtitles to see if they still work.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up