INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 16 volume lower than MC 15 [Solved]  (Read 1332 times)

cgbissett

• Recent member
MC 16 volume lower than MC 15 [Solved]
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:22:38 am »

I have purchased MC 16 and I am running it alongside MC 15, all settings are the same. It is connected to my AMP via a USB Dac, I have noticed that the volume output is lower through 16 than 15, vokume leveling is turned off, and the volume is set to internal volume on both versions, any ideas?

Regards Craig

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 16 volume lower than MC 15
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:30:09 am »

I have purchased MC 16 and I am running it alongside MC 15, all settings are the same. It is connected to my AMP via a USB Dac, I have noticed that the volume output is lower through 16 than 15, vokume leveling is turned off, and the volume is set to internal volume on both versions, any ideas?

Regards Craig
Maybe you're using a different mode?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:33:22 am »

I'd say it isn't possible (if all settings are the same), but there must be an explanation.

What is the file format? Is the file type set to use DirectShow decoding? Do you have anything enabled in DSP Studio? If yes, what exactly? What do you have set in the output options? Did you check the Windows application volume level (if you are using Vista or Windows 7 and an output mode that doesn't bypass the Windows mixer)?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

cgbissett

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 01:10:41 pm »

All settings are identical, I.m using wasapi event style. Volume Correction was off in both.  Internal volume selected.  I have restarted my PC and double checked all settings and the volume is now the same.  So perhaps it was a Windows 7 issue thanks for the replies.

Regards Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up