INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for beginners  (Read 494 times)

GJVR

• Land SurveyorMusic, Hiking, Cycling, photography
Question for beginners
« on: June 07, 2002, 10:54:07 pm »

I read the DocLotus et al discussion with interest.  I am 42 years old (tomorrow, actually !) and I have started to put my 150 LP's or so onto computer.  I used the trial version of MJ version 7 for a month and, having been caught up in all the hype about higher bitrates, I selected the LAME MP3(VBR)option. My trial version expired and last week I purchased version 8. (receipt was e-mailed to me) Now I will be the first to admit that I am not a computer expert, but I try ! Anyway, I first removed version 7 from my drive, and then installed version 8, going through all the steps as best I could. Unfortunately, The program crashed ! ("this program has performed an illegal function etc...") I then tried to go back to the basic version 7, and off course that didn't work either. Then I re-installed Version 8. No luck. Sometimes I get as far as updating my media library and playing back the music I have recorded to date, but as soon as I try to record (in any format whatsoever), this fatal error comes up. I am now in the situation where I can not record anything at all, in either version 7 or 8, and in whatever format I choose. In fact, I will go so far as to say that I will be happy with just version 7.
All I want to do is record my vinyl collection at 128kbps from now on.  Please help !
Pages: [1]   Go Up