INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie here - Is there a way to skip unknown file while playing  (Read 1576 times)

1carrotcake

I just installed this program last night and I am liking it very much so far (i.e. compared to Windows Media player). Anyway the only issue I have with this program is that every time during play back when the program run into an unknown file type (i.e jpg) it stops playing and open up with an error dialog box to click "OK". If you do not click "OK" the play back will stops. My question is if there is a way to set it so that the program can skip any file types that it "thinks" is "unknown"? so I don't have to click "OK" from the error message to keep playing?

Like if I'm in the kitchen washing dishes and my computer is playing songs from the computer in the living room, I don't have to drop everything I do and go there just to click "OK" to resume playing...and you can imagine if I have a couple of "unknown" files lying around in my play list.

Thanks for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newbie here - Is there a way to skip unknown file while playing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:44:40 pm »

Check under MJ Options for filetypes.  Is jpg there?

Remove jpg's from your playlists.

Or consider JRiver Media Center, which will play image files and video.

www.jriver.com

1carrotcake

Re: Newbie here - Is there a way to skip unknown file while playing
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:09:55 pm »

Check under MJ Options for filetypes.  Is jpg there?

Remove jpg's from your playlists.

Or consider JRiver Media Center, which will play image files and video.

www.jriver.com

Thanks for replying - no, jpg is not a supported format for the Jukebox program.

I guess the only options is to find and remove all jpgs or any picture files unless I have the Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up