INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange library problem  (Read 2512 times)

GubaFace

Strange library problem
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:44:18 am »

Hi All,
I've got a weird problem after installing JRiver 15 and trying to create a library. All my albums start with the second song. All the first songs are on the bottom of the library list under unknown album and unknown artist. Did anybody had this kind of an issue? My files are WAV files created using Windows Media Player. Hope somebody can help... Thanks in advance.

mdx1

• World Citizen
Re: Strange library problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:50:25 am »

The sorting must be off.  Make sure the list is sorted by name. 

If the tracks are not named by a track number prefix, sorting by name won't work.  It is also possible the tracks weren't ripped in the natural order.
Nelson

Niacin

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:26:18 pm »

Look at the assigned tags and compare the first track of each album with the subsequent tracks. Ensure that the "Artist" and "Album" fields are common. Also check that the opening track has been tagged as track one in each case

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »

Hi All,
I've got a weird problem after installing JRiver 15 and trying to create a library. All my albums start with the second song. All the first songs are on the bottom of the library list under unknown album and unknown artist. Did anybody had this kind of an issue? My files are WAV files created using Windows Media Player. Hope somebody can help... Thanks in advance.

MC does not always import things in order of [Track #], and often imports them just like that, starting with track #2 first and #1 last.  I don't know why.  I suspect it has something to do with searching for cover art or metadata submission or who knows what, but I'm just guessing.

Are you looking at a view sorted by [Date Imported] instead of [Track #]?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Restronic

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

I'm having the same problem with WAV files.  The 1st track from each album (labeled as track # 1) has been categorized as "unknown artist", lost all album info, all song info, all artist info, yet it contains the album artwork.   I would assume it has something to do with the fact it was ripped with WMP.  Artwork attached to first track???  Any ideas?  With over 400 albums ripped in Wav this is going to be a pain to fix by point and click.   

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up