INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebRemote and Playlists  (Read 1752 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
WebRemote and Playlists
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:23:13 pm »

Hi,

I am using WebRemote for managing access to all my music on my music server.  As I am only using this for music, I have customised the web pages so that the LibraryLocation=1 is my home page.  I have customised the view in the music library within what Media Center Options allows but I want to show music playlists.  Normally, Playlists only show at the higher level.  How can I add playlists to LibraryLocation=1?

Edit:  I just re-read this and wanted to clarify that I want Playlists as an entry under the Audio group of the Library pages.  Can anyone tell me where the library structure is stored?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

Re: WebRemote and Playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:23:43 pm »

Hi,

I really want to solve this problem.  I have spent many hours building an iPad browser based remote for all of my Home Theatre.  Media Center and Girder form the core of this solution.  I am almost complete now but I really want to sort out the Library menu structures.  I need to get a Playlists entry into the Audio group of options with Artists, Albums etc.  Can anyone help here.

Thanks, Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

csimon

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:27:17 am »

This is not really going to help you, especially if your playlists are arbitrary lists of files, but I'll tell you what I did to see if it gives you any ideas.

I had a similar problem.  I am using a DLNA controller on an iPad and had set up some audio and video playlists. Unfortunately, they do not appear under the specific Audio and Video menu entries, but as a separate item called Playlists.  This seems counterintuitive.

Fortunately, my Playlists were either Smartlists that selected files with certain attributes, or they were "Favourites" lists of certain categories.  Therefore I turned the whole thing on its head and created these lists as separate custom views under the specific Audi and Video menu items.

To convert my Favourites lists, I used the Rating field (which I was not previously using) and set it to 5 Stars on the ones I want to appear in my list (there were about 100 items), then just created a view with a rule that only selected the ones with 5 stars.

I was probably using Smartlists in the wrong way and these lists of mine should have been set up using custom views in the first place and, like I said, if you have playlists that are lists of arbitrary items which you just like to drag and drop into, it might be more difficult to convert them into views.  You would need to assign a field in the library to flag whether you want that particular file to be included in a particular list.

NickF

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:53:10 am »

Hi csimon,

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts on the subject.  I agree that the current Playlists arrangement is counter-intuitive.  My feeling is that there should be a Playlists entry for each of the Audio and Video groups.  My playlists are definitely "arbitrary" files.  I have several for different circumstances so it is not easy to achive this with star ratings but I will have a look at the idea.

I think J River need to have a look at this.  I have been a bit surprised that I have had no response from them.  Not sure why.

Thanks anyway,

Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up