INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: performer store login error  (Read 17112 times)

kewe65

• World Citizen
performer store login error
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »

similar to this thread on version 15: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61553.0, except the error message is different:

"There was an error updating your system to support DRM licensed content.  Protected content may not be accessible."

When I click okay, it says on the login screen:

"Unknown error
Try again later"

Kevin

kewe65

• World Citizen
Re: performer store login error
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:27:03 pm »

i tried creating a new account and got the same error, even though it successfully created the new account.

this service is 100% unusable now - on both MC15 and MC16 installed on my system

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:37:00 pm »

Using an IE browser, try going to this Microsoft page and see if you can click the "Upgrade" button...

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp?force=1
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »

In IE9 browser, the Upgrade button is greyed out - cannot click it.

FYI - i tried uninstalling quicktime and itunes, but that had no effect - still have this problem

Using an IE browser, try going to this Microsoft page and see if you can click the "Upgrade" button...

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:56:15 pm »

what about the security settings in WM player itself?    And script settings in the security zones?

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:07:03 am »

In some cases you need to run IE "as administrator" in order for the upgrade button to be enabled:
1. reboot your computer
2. Right click IE in the start menu and choose "Run as administrator"
3. paste the URL into the address bar in IE and press Enter

Hopefully the button will be enabled.  If that doesn't work, there are some other tips on this page:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/how-do-you-manually-reset-the-drm-media-rights/dbe7f17f-ece0-4067-a9cf-36c015d7ab1f

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:11:50 am »

thanks for the direction on solutions however none of that actually made the greyed out button appear.  did everything mentioned explicitly.  tried it under safe mode and normal.   even manually renaming the DRM folder did not generate a new one after rebooting and running WMP.

Does the performer store use Silverlight 4?

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:30 am »

No, Performer doesn't use Silverlight anywhere.

JohnT

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:53:20 am »

thanks, i actually found that tool separately as well, but the odd thing is that it does not run under Windows 7 - or at least under Win 7 x64...

i say odd because its in a win 7 forum..

still searching...

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:25 am »

That is odd.  I tried it and got the same result.

You've probably already seen it, but I found some more info on resetting DRM here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929642

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:15 pm »

Yup, and this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976590

i downloaded the sample file and tried playing it in JR MC and got a slightly different error, but same result:  Windows Media DRM Error: Unknown error (0xc00d2782)

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:32 pm »

If you're on 64 bit windows 7, try using the 32 bit version of IE 9.  It's available by clicking the Start button, selecting "All Programs", you'll see "Internet Explorer (64-bit)" and then "Internet Explorer" right below it.  Right click on the second one and select "run as administrator".  Paste in the following link and see if the button is enabled.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 12:41:52 pm »

yep, that's one of the steps i tried earlier - had the same thought about the IE versions...   

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 01:09:50 pm »

SUCCESS!!! finally..

I discovered that with IE9 comes a security feature that has activex script filtering on by default.   when i allowed it on the page for resetting DRM, the Upgrade button become visible.  i then had to install that well as use Windows Media Player to install the DRM stuff.  WMP played the MS sample file and then MC performer store let me log in...

thanks for your help - guidance toward what is driving that store certainly got me 'googling' in the right direction...

I was not aware that Performer Store had the DRM control attached to it - i assumed it was DRM free and thought it a suitable alternative to iTunes for things audio quality is not really a concern...

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »

SUCCESS!!! finally..

I discovered that with IE9 comes a security feature that has activex script filtering on by default.   when i allowed it on the page for resetting DRM, the Upgrade button become visible.  i then had to install that well as use Windows Media Player to install the DRM stuff.  WMP played the MS sample file and then MC performer store let me log in...

thanks for your help - guidance toward what is driving that store certainly got me 'googling' in the right direction...

I was not aware that Performer Store had the DRM control attached to it - i assumed it was DRM free and thought it a suitable alternative to iTunes for things audio quality is not really a concern...
Glad it's working for you and thanks for posting the solution so others can find it.
DRM is used in Performer store for playing subscription tracks and placing subscription tracks on devices.  Tracks that you purchase are DRM free the same as iTunes.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 04:12:19 pm »

I just had this problem in windows 7 32 bit.
Spent forever trying to fix it.
Here's what it took:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/windows-media-player-12-wont-upgrade-drm/fd09d28d-4fe3-4444-9e5e-0f2b7e9b6683

The main problem I had was that my DRM folder in c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM was bad. I couldn't see it either so I had to enable the view to show operating system and hidden files. Renamed it, then ran IE as admin and it let me do the upgrade... What a PITA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up