INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Any VFD Support  (Read 146784 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
Re: Any VFD Support
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »

Thanks....installed....reboot computer...and working.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2014, 01:52:45 pm »

Per request, here is an update that limits the amount of scrolling on the display. Only long file names get scrolled now instead of constant scrolling for everything. The scrolling can be configured to be constant or a single time for long file names.

Edit the iMonDisplayPlugin.ini to configure the behavior. Use "Once" for the single scroll feature.

-tm

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2014, 04:07:27 pm »

Thanks So Much Millst for working on this!

On our htpc machine (we always have it in theaterview)...while in stopped mode in jriver, the imon is displaying Volume 100
it seems like it's not grabbing the default imon display text while in stopped mode. Without the imon plugin installed the display shows the clock, weather, and daily news feeds, (the items we have selected in imon manager frontview) but once installed those don't show up, only the volume 100

Once we chose a file to play it scrolls through once, and stops, showing the full title..that works and looks great!
thanks!

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2014, 04:49:17 pm »

Yes, the iMon Manager app is displaying that information. When the plugin takes control, that app no longer has control of the display. Only one piece of software is allowed to control the display at a time. I could probably have a clock instead of the volume, but I'm not interested in replicating all the options that the iMon app provides.

-tm

HTPC4ME

« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »

thanks for the info...we'd be happy with just the clock, if it's not to much trouble?
please see pm regarding paypal.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2014, 09:54:44 pm »

Added the clock support. Just change the other config value to "Clock" instead of "Volume."

-tm

HTPC4ME

« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2014, 11:36:52 am »

Thanks Millst!

Timothylix

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2014, 01:46:52 pm »

I would , incidentally, signed to the RSS- channel yabb.jriver.com

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2015, 12:01:10 am »

Any further developments planned for the IMON VFD Plugin? I love it! I really wish there was a way to add EQ visualizer to the plugin, it is my favorite feature, but I am sure it is probably quite difficult to code. Maybe there is a way to display the spectrum analyzer that is shown in MC20's Display Bar on a IMON VFD Display. Is there some way you can use that code and incorporate it somehow to the IMON VFD Display? That would be super-awesome!

I am not a programer and no nothing about code so I do not know if that would even be possible, and if it is - it may be difficult. But if there was a way, that would be very cool!

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2015, 09:53:36 am »

I did think about doing something with the EQ mode of the display, but I don't know of any API provided by JRiver that provides the necessary information. The DSP studio provides a similar display, but I'd need access to the data behind it.

The only other way that comes to mind immediately is to parse the file myself and update the display based on track position. I doubt that is trivial.

-tm

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2015, 02:25:33 pm »

Thank you for the reply millst, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I do have to say that I really love your plugin, it is amazing work and I have never had any issues with it! Like I was saying in my last post, I am no programmer or coder so I do not know how difficult it would be to perhaps have the spectrum analyzer show on a IMON VFD display, but as you stated in your post, it is probably difficult. If anyone can find a way to do it, I am sure you can! That would easilly be my favorite feature in your already incredible plugin!

Again, I sincerely appreciate your reply and hope that there is a way to make it happen!

~TheGame

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2015, 10:10:18 pm »

I looked around. I don't see a problem with analyzing the audio and calculating the equalizer display. Worst case, it couldn't be done real-time (run a tool to calculate and write to a separate file). Unfortunately, the MC API only gives track position in seconds. That's not accurate enough to look good. I don't see a satisfactory way to do it without help on the MC API side.

-tm

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2015, 09:52:17 pm »

Hi Milist,

Can you possible create a VFD Plug-in for MC 21? I get an error when trying to install your plug-in to MC21. If you can create a VFD plug-in for MC21 I would greatly appreciate it!

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2015, 10:01:47 pm »

I will look into this, but can't really give you a time frame right now. There are two factors. First, I have not upgraded to MC21. I may be able to build it without any testing, but that leads to the second problem. My Windows installation had a meltdown this morning. I'm moving to Windows 10 earlier than I wanted to and having to reinstall everything.

I recall the iMon drivers being a real pain to get working on Windows 8. I'm guessing it won't be any easier, if even possible, on Windows 10.

-tm

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2015, 10:36:52 pm »

Thank you for looking into this, I hope you are successful in creating a VFD plug-in for MC21

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2015, 11:25:06 pm »

Graphic EQ display is built into the Imon shell that needs to be running for the display to work in MC, no? That said, I go into the Imon settings, and graphic EQ is switched on, but doesn't show on the display. No biggie, as I prefer to see the title/artist/year/time/remaining time scroll that's setup within the MC plugin.

Also, if I remember right (it's been a while) I was able to use the packaged installation for MC17 (or was it 18?) to get it working in 19. It's the EXE package, not the zip. I believe the problem is that the install is hard coded to a default directory, which is whatever version MC was on when the plugin was packaged. It DID install to the older version's directory, and I just moved that plugin folder to the new MC version's plugin folder. Maybe the solution would be to simply allow the user to select their own installation folder when running the setup.

Anyway, works fine in MC19 here anyway, running Windows 8 Pro. The tricky part MAY be setting access options as W8 can be a real PITA due to new security issues when it comes to user rights. Even my ADMIN account makes me jump through hoops to get into the program directories. Seems to be more of a problem with MC though, so maybe that could be tweaked to allow us to get at our folders already!

PS ... once again, if memory serves, I'd already deleted the older MC directory - the plugin setup, recreated a blank MC directory AND the plugin directory during the installation. That got deleted as well after moving the plugin folder to the new version MC.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2015, 11:31:44 pm »

Looks like I took some good notes on iMon and whatnot when I upgraded to Windows 8. JRiver is up and running for me again. Try this one out. As noted, I can't test myself.

As sKiZo said, you might be able to shuffle the files around and get it working. The path is indeed hard-coded. I haven't made any improvements over the template JRiver provided. Version 1.3 is just hardcoded for MC21. If I build again, I'll look into making it version agnostic.

-tm

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2015, 10:21:27 am »

Depending on what build compiler you use, you might even be able to provide a pick list for all the versions that will work with the plug in ...

(nudge nudge) <G>

My iMon display is set for:

Album  -  Artist  -  Title
(Time Display Enabled)
(Scroll Enabled)

Scroll speed is 300ms. Just right for a lazy glance at the display. Knew I got that fancy case for something!

PS ... Worth noting ... the plug in requires Microsoft .NET 4 (Framework?) to run properly. You do get an error message if you try running it without.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2015, 11:04:31 am »

It's based on Inno Setup and was part of the template. I know nothing about it and never heard of it until JRiver, which means a bunch of learning to accomplish something simple, unfortunately.

Yes, the plugin is written in C# and requires .NET4. What comes bundled with Windows is a moving target so you'll need to make sure it is installed if it isn't already.

-tm

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2015, 01:58:52 pm »

I went through a couple versions before I found the right one. I posted a link up to the correct install ... I think:

(As I said, it's been a while since I got it working here, and the .Net is a one time thing.

http://www.brainfartz.com/images/Stereo%20Stuff/htpc/mc-stuff/dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe

That SHOULD (theoretically) download the correct .NET package to your computer.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2016, 01:52:14 am »

I downloaded and installed millst's iMonDisplayPlugin13.zip but I cannot get it to show up in MC21 under plugins. I checked the directory where it was installed and it looks like it is in the correct directory. I really want to use my Antec Veris Elite and your previous versions worked perfectly. Can you give me any advice as to why it may not be showing up in MC21?

Thank you, and again I thank you for your continued work on this, it is very much appreciated. Your VFD software is awesome and until MC 21 worked great! So any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2016, 09:48:06 am »

If you go to Options->Services->Manage interface plug-ins you don't see it? Any errors during install or startup? You have the iMon Manager running?

I upgraded to Windows 10 and MC21 a while ago so I know it works. 

-tm

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2016, 11:13:39 am »

hi millst, thank you for your reply and for continuing to help me. I am also using windows 10. There were no errors during install but during setup I get an error message shown below:

I believe the iMon Manager is running but all I can see is a blank screen in JRiver MC21.

Here are some more pics to try to give you an idea of what I am experiencing. When I installed your executable file, it certainly appeared that it installed to the correct directory so I am baffled as to why it does not work.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2016, 12:32:33 pm »

Ensure iMon Manager is running. There is no direct way to control the display, everything gets routed through that software. The display should be functional and displaying whatever random messages the manager usually displays. If the display isn't working before JRiver starts, then it won't work through the plugin. There is also an option in the manager that must be enabled, too. It's called plugin mode or similar.

If that's all working and you're getting the error, can you get a shot of more of the backtrace?

-tm

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2016, 12:39:51 pm »

Installing the plugin as an administrator? My usual account shows full administration privileges here, and it lies ...

Not sure if you're still required to register the dll in the command window. If so, that should show ADMINISTRATOR at the top. If not, check this out to make it all happen.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc947813%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

kientt

« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2016, 11:50:37 pm »

Hi,

I am using your plugin 1.3 version and it is not working with MC22. Kindly help build one version for MC22. Many thanks.

For your information, the message when I get is the "Object reference not set to an object instance of an object" in class object iMonDisplayPlugin when calling method void init

The stack trace:
MC_CSPlugin.Maininterface.Init(MCAutomation mediaCenterReference)

Thank you very much,
Kien

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2016, 10:55:15 am »

Hi millst,

Like the post above by kientt, it would be great to have VFD support for MC22. I followed all of your directions for MC21 but could never get it to work. I am using iMON. I know you work hard on working on code for VFD support, and those of us who use it are extremely grateful. I really love the VFD support for JRiver.

If there is any way you could work on VFD support for MC22 that would be super-awesome. Like I said, I know it is hard work, but those of us who use it are extremely grateful for your time and work on VFD support.

Thanks!

kientt

« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2016, 03:32:44 am »

Hi millst,

Is there a chance to share the source code. I am a developer too and I could try to help.

Hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2016, 05:04:15 pm »

Still working perfect here with v19 ... ;-}

Might be an interesting experiment ... try downgrading? I'm sure that's doable (and old versions are available for download). I'd expect the licensing would allow you to install any version up to and including the one you purchased without having to jump through any registration hoops.

PS ... could be your version of iMon too ... I know I went through several before I found one that worked. I'm using 8.12.1202 here. Only thing that doesn't work with my display is the graphic equalizer ... but that never worked anyway. Got mine showing time and track info, which is nice when the visualization is set to full screen.

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2017, 12:29:42 am »

Hello,

want to ask if its possible to build an 64Bit Plugin for iMon VFD Displays?

On my 32Bit Version i run my Display with the Plugin which is to find here in Forum. But it doesnt work on the new 64Bit Version.

It would be very nice to became this Plugin to run in 64Bit.

Thanks
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2017, 02:38:43 pm »

So I installed 64-bit MC23 today and rebuilt the installer for my other plugin. That worked out okay. As expected, the VFD one is not straight forward. It can be done, but will take some more time.

-tm

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2017, 03:22:40 pm »

Sounds good.

Take the Time you need,   

And thanks for your work and try.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2017, 11:18:51 pm »

New version for 64-bit MC23. The configurable options have been moved to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\iMonDisplayPlugin
DefaultDisplay - 1 for clock, 0 for volume
ScrollText - 1 to constantly scroll long text, 0 to scroll only once

-tm

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2017, 11:07:54 am »

Thanks a lot.

I will have a new try with 64Bit MC23 in the next two days.

Great Job

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2017, 05:56:10 pm »

Sorry, i was not able to test it till yet.  No time.

i try to do it next days.

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2017, 08:30:09 am »

Hi,  I tried it today but it doesn't work.  Display gets dark if MC23 start's.

Pistensau

• Recent member
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2017, 10:09:29 am »

Hello,
I tried it also today. Same result for me. Display gets dark a few seconds after MC23 has started.
I'm on MC 23, Win10 64 bit, Imon VFD310 with Imon Manager v8.12.1202 (Plugin Mode enabled).
Really looking forward to a working 64bit plugin for this display.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:45 am »

Does it go back to normal when you exit MC? And normal is whatever random stuff the Imon Manager throws up on it.

-tm

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2017, 11:42:07 am »

Yes it does go back to show what's set up in imon manager when I close mc23.

Pistensau

• Recent member
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2017, 12:04:40 pm »

Yes it does.

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2017, 12:08:55 pm »

I wonder if having the Imon program open at the same time as the JRiver plugin vis open at the same time might be the problem? Haven't had Imon open here since setting up Milkdrops - all my tweaks are done in the JRiver plugin manager.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2017, 12:16:37 pm »

I'm fairly sure that the iMON Manager has to be open with plugin mode enabled.

I'll try to debug over PM with people and get an updated version out.

-tm

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2017, 12:26:52 pm »

Yes. Imon manager is running with active plugin mode.

Thanks for your help  :)

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2017, 12:49:36 pm »

Yes, Imon needs to be running, but in the background. I have an icon in the system tray to access the program, but I believe the only thing actually in use is it's TSR ...

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2017, 10:39:07 pm »

Pistensau / Inquisition, messages sent this morning (FYI, in case you don't get alerts for private messages).

-tm

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2017, 11:33:31 pm »

Here is an updated version that allows configuration from the "Services & Plug-ins" area.

-tm

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2017, 11:21:29 am »

With some help from Inquisition, here is another update. Adds support for the [two-line] VFD display. I can't test as I only have the LCD version.

-tm

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2017, 02:39:22 pm »

Yeah great job. My display back alive.

Thank you very much for your help.  ;D ;D

Pistensau

• Recent member
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2017, 03:20:13 pm »

Yes it's working! Thank you!
However, scrolling is not working for me, even though it is checked in the plugin settings.
Sent you a PM with some questions!

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »

Yeah, the VFD version kind of sucks :) The LCD version automatically scrolls the text. I'd have to scroll it myself on the VFD.

I can look into enhancements when I get some more time, but it might be slow going as I don't have anything to test with.

-tm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up