INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Req: Jumplists  (Read 1439 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Req: Jumplists
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:48:57 am »

Copied over from an old 2009 MC15 thread:
Is there any consideration being given to adding jump lists to MC in the Win 7 environment? It would be really useful. I see a lot of the freeware players are getting it (foobar, Winamp) as well as iTunes and Win Media Player.

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Req: Jumplists
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:34:38 am »

Can you explain what is a jump list please ?
Thx !

Raph

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:57:07 am »

I second the request... it would be a nice feature.

Particularly, for me, I'd love to be able to call up MC playlists or smartlists from a jumplist. Although MC15 currently has jumplists for files, I don't know if a jumplist item can be created for playlists/smartlists in MC.

Can you explain what is a jump list please ?

W7 allows programs to be pinned to the taskbar or the start menu. Then, by selecting an expansion arrow to the right of the start menu pinned program or by right-clicking a program pinned to the taskbar, a list of links to recently used files appears. Selecting a link opens the program/file.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:47:48 am »

And what should the jumplist contain? Smartlists? Libraries? Startup options (Theater View, Std.View etc)?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

edbro

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:03:39 am »

And what should the jumplist contain? Smartlists? Libraries? Startup options (Theater View, Std.View etc)?
Examples:
Win Media Player

" title="Hosted by imgur.com

Foobar
" title="Hosted by imgur.com

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »

For me, it would be great to be able to add playlists/smartlists to the jumplists. I suppose a simple open and play "playing now" would be an obvious choice too. There's probably others that MC users would find useful, but these are the ones I'd like to see. I looked in my roaming profile for individual files which may represent my smartlists but was unable to find any.

Upon further tinkering and after changing the default program for a filetype to "Media Center 16.exe" it appears that the jumplist works for MC16 from the taskbar. I did notice that it only worked if I used Windows Explorer. If I used Directory Opus, it only remembered the initial file that I used to change the file-program association (not subsequent double clicks from Directory Opus). I didn't test it for being pinned to the start menu, but I'll assume it works.

Listening to: 'The Last Matador of Bayonne' from 'Dust Bowl' by 'Joe Bonamassa' with Media Center 16
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up