INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto detection of cover art (folder.jpg) for documents  (Read 1164 times)

instinct23

Auto detection of cover art (folder.jpg) for documents
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:39:37 pm »

Hi. I'm adding some documents now in Media Centre and because they are books actually (.pdf or .mht) I want to display them with their covers. I place the cover as folder.jpg in the folder of the book. Can it be automatically detected the same way as it is detected on video files?

And another  idea - when adding manually image (Cover Art -> Add from File...) it should open right away the folder where the file is located because in most cases cover art is there too. This way it won't be necessary to browse to the folder each time.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto detection of cover art (folder.jpg) for documents
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 12:37:26 am »

it does not work for documents, you have to change media type temporarily to video..
MT5FR

instinct23

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 03:09:16 pm »

How to change the media type? I suppose you mean to make temporarily the documents to be treated by MC as video files.

I have looked the the last couple of days through all of the settings of the MC, but don't remember seeing such an option.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

"media type" is a field, add it to the action window or list view, then change it to video, add coverart change back
MT5FR

instinct23

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »

This works well, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up