INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Read track failed. Failed to initialize the encoder plugin"  (Read 3797 times)

rustuk

• Recent member
"Read track failed. Failed to initialize the encoder plugin"
« on: March 27, 2011, 01:26:08 pm »

Having at lasrt given iTunes the elbow I thought that things were going well with MJ 14.0.166 but yesterday I ripped last month's BBC Music CD to FLAC as usual without problem. Then ripping this month's BBC Music CD after the first track I got the error message :"Read track failed. Failed to initialize the encoder plugin". Why? It does not make sense. Nothing changed between the first and second CD. I have reinstalled MJ14 and the problem persists.

tl009

Re: "Read track failed. Failed to initialize the encoder plugin"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:10 pm »

I ran into this issue, my simple fix was selecting the appropriate encoder in the Encoder options, I had just added the plug in, assuming it would work....  Nope, you've got to select which encoder to use afterwards.  Pretty simple in hind sight but frustrating until then.  What a relief :)

Marco7

Re: "Read track failed. Failed to initialize the encoder plugin"
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 11:28:58 am »

This error message could also be caused by a Name that is too long.  Clicking "Edit Disc Information", and shortening the Name field resolved this error message for me today in Media Center version 19.0.163.
Pages: [1]   Go Up