INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SirOrange's problems  (Read 2522 times)

SirOrange

• Recent member
SirOrange's problems
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:42:12 pm »

Hi Running 16.0.60 Beta. tried to load the program and get the following error when i try and play something.

I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Still need to use 15 because of this error. Thanks for fixing the library load time issue too.

Critical Error!

The following module has failed to load:

C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools.dll

Please reinstall the latest version of the program.

On top of this it has wiped all of my libraries on JR15 and deleted all of my backups!

SirOrange

• Recent member
Re: SirOrange's problems
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

Just looking at where everything thing is now being saved with Libraries... this would be so much easier to fix if the library manager was still installed. So much easier It keeps referencing back to JR 15 for some reason. Hummm

SirOrange

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:10:32 pm »

Hi Running 16.0.60 Beta. tried to load the program and get the following error when i try and play something.

I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Still need to use 15 because of this error. Thanks for fixing the library load time issue too.

Critical Error!

On top of this it has wiped all of my libraries on JR15 and deleted all of my backups!

Right so i managed to fix this problem as it was using the wrong sound out but I have no idea where all of my Libraries and Backups went.

Why is JR16 reffering back to JR15 Libraries, i set up separate folders, it's like it just defaults back to stuff. Please bring back the library manager function so that we can have better transparency of the Libraries. It will also allow us to delete them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:20:12 pm »

MC won't remove your backups.  But it's your responsibility to know where they are. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:30:32 pm »

Critical Error!

I've been getting the same thing on my laptop, just over this past weekend.  This started happening when I launched MC15 via the Send To in Windows Explorer (accidentally, I didn't realize MC15 was still installed on the laptop, and just chose the MC icon in the Windows Send To dialog).  MC15 gave me a UAC prompt before launching, but then loaded.  I was momentarily confused by it, until I realized I was running 15 loaded with the old library snapshot from when I upgraded.  I closed out of MC15 and opened MC16 from the taskbar icon, it also presented a UAC prompt, and then gave me this error message.

I reinstalled MC16 using the latest build, and it still wouldn't open.  I rebooted, and then it opened up successfully, so I thought it was all solved.  But it wasn't.  After I'd closed out of it, when I tried to restart MC16 (without touching the old install in the interim in any way) the error message came back.  I tried rebooting again (without reinstalling) and it still wouldn't work.  I tried reinstalling, still no.  Rebooted again, and then it would work, but only once, and then would go back to this error.

I've subsequently removed MC15 from the system completely, but then I got a bit busy and haven't had time to touch it since.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:18:55 am »

I wonder if running MC16 once with full admin rights would set things right again?
Right-click on the MC icon and select "run as administrator".  Do something in MC then close it down.  Maybe that will allow some setting (that needs admin privilege) to stick.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 11:25:14 am »

Could SirOrange (or anyone else with this problem) please run regedit and look here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 16\Player Core

Then, report what are the exact values of the "Output Plugin Path" keys?  There could be multiple keys starting with the name "Output Plugin Path", and please report all of them.  Each path is for a different zone.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:32 am »

I would, but uninstalling MC15 and rebooting appears to have fixed it here.  I'll report back if I have further issues.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

SirOrange

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 11:21:38 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support. Greatly appriciated.

Registry Shows

for JRiver 16

Output Plugin Path REG_SZ [Install Path]Plugins\out_main.dll

Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10000) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10002) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10003) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10004) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll

Cheers.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 02:43:04 am »

... but I have no idea where all of my Libraries and Backups went.

Why is JR16 reffering back to JR15 Libraries, i set up separate folders, it's like it just defaults back to stuff.

Have you actually checked the MC15 library backup folder outside MC? Are also the disk files missing or are the backup zip files just missing from the initial view of the "Restore" window when you open it?

Please bring back the library manager function so that we can have better transparency of the Libraries. It will also allow us to delete them.

The previous functions are included in the new system. The only thing that you cannot do is to remove or move the new "Main Library" item. You can rename it though. I guess this is some kind of safeguard against a situation in which MC could not load any library. The library handling changes have been discussed and explained in some recent threads.

Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10000) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10002) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10003) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10004) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll

So four of the five zones try to use the MC15 out_main.dll path. You can change them to point to [Install Path]Plugins\out_main.dll, but this makes me wonder what else in the registry might incorrectly point to the MC15 program location.

For instance the "lost" MC15 library (or is it libraries?) may indicate that MC16 has accessed the library files and converted them to the new format, which is incompatible with MC15. Though I don't know what kind of error message would then show up (if any).

How did you actually install MC16 and restore your libraries to it? Did you edit the Windows registry anyhow?

For comparison, here are my "out_main.dll" registry values:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 15\Player Core]

"Output Plugin Path"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10000)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10007)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10064)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10123)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10124)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10130)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10136)"="C:\\Program Files\\MC15\\Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10150)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 16\Player Core]

"Output Plugin Path"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10000)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10007)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10064)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10123)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10124)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10130)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10136)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"
"Output Plugin Path (10150)"="[Install Path]Plugins\\out_main.dll"

Apparently only the last MC15 value points to "Install Path". The older values point directly to the MC15 program location. This is probably caused by a change in MC15.

MC16 has changed all values to point to "Install Path".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 10:10:36 am »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support. Greatly appriciated.

Registry Shows

for JRiver 16

Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10000) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10002) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10003) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll
Output Plugin Path REG Output Plugin Path (10004) REG_SZ  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\Plugins\out_main.dll

Cheers.

First, the solution is simple.  Edit the values by hand to be [Install Path]\Plugins\out_main.dll.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.  I tried doing a v15 to v16 upgrade on two different OS's.  In both cases, the values were automatically adjusted as expected for v16.

If anyone can find a step-by-step to reproduce the incorrect registry values, it would be appreciated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up