INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Help  (Read 2277 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist Help
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:33:26 am »

Good Evening!

I need a little Smartlist tutorial.  I was hoping I could get a hand developing my first so I can learn to do my own.

I would like to make a Playlist that includes:
Diament
Hoffman
DCC
Audio Fidelity
24-96
24-48
24-192
etc....

All of which are included in my album tags, e.g. Bob Marley's "Exodus {Tuff Gong - Barry Diament}" or  Harrison's "All Things Must Pass {24-96 Official Download}".

thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

pcstockton

Re: Smartlist Help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:33:22 am »

Funny re: Hoffman forum.  No I actually prefer to listen to music than read about it.

Those "24-96" references are found in my "Album" tags, per the latter part of my message.

For example....  This is the exact Album tag for Bob Marley's Exodus:

"Exodus {Tuff Gong - Barry Diament}"

I add label information, bit rate, conductor, special notes e.g. "Spence Chrislu Remaster", or "Albini Master", to all of my album tags if applicable.

I dont sift through my collection to add another tag to everything.  And I suppose I wasn't clear enough about what I want to achieve in the end.

I would like to be able to make a playlist with all albums that have BOTH "DCC" and "Hoffman" in album tags.

I would like to be able to make a playlist with ALL tagged with "24-48", "24-96", 24.88.2", 24-192".

I would love to make a playlist with ALL "Anticon", "Ipecac", "Tzadik" tagged albums

etc.....

Thanks!
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Niacin

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:46:54 am »

I would like to be able to make a playlist with all albums that have BOTH "DCC" and "Hoffman" in album tags.

Lets just take this element then

Add a new smartlist and edit as follows ...

In the first "Rule" select "custom" and in the next box type "(" (without the quotes)
Add a new rule and select "Album", "Contains", type: "DCC"
Add a new rule and select "custom" and type "or"  (without the quotes)
Add a new rule and select "Album", "Contains", type: "Hoffman"
Add a new rule and select "custom" and type ")"  (without the quotes)

Give it a name (in the top box) and apply (or OK)

See what happens and let us know

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:41:57 am »

BOTH "DCC" and "Hoffman" in album tags:

([Album]="DCC" and [Album]="Hoffman")

ALL tagged with "24-48", "24-96", "24.88.2", "24-192":

([Album]="24/-48" or [Album]="24/-96" or [Album]="24.88.2" or [Album]="24/-192")

ALL "Anticon", "Ipecac", "Tzadik" tagged albums:

([Album]="Anticon" or [Album]="Ipecac" or [Album]="Tzadik")

Paste one of the rules into the Edit Smartlist > Import/Export box, close the box, and see how the rule is displayed in the wizard. The parenthesis/brackets inside the wizard have functions (you can click them to switch between different functions).

EDIT: Added "=" to the Hoffman rule. It was missing.  EDIT 2: Fixed also the second rule. One of the values was not correct.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To JRiver:

However,

([Album]="24/-48" or [Album]="24/-96" or [Album]="24.88.2" or [Album]="24/-192")

- doesn't seem to work correctly. The wizard changes three of the four "contains" rules to "is" rules. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? See the attached screenshot.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 12:48:11 am »

Previously I tested the problematic smartlist on MC16. I now tried it on MC15 with some test files.

A smartlist without the escape characters (slashes) seems to work correctly if the smartlist is never reopened in the smartlist editor:

([Album]="24-48" or [Album]="24-96" or [Album]="24.88.2" or [Album]="24-192")

If the smartlist editor is reopened and the list is saved the rule will change to:

([Album]=[24-48] or [Album]=[24-96] or [Album]="24.88.2" or [Album]=[24-192])

After that it will find only albums the albums that have "24.88.2" included in the album name.

Only the smartlist editor in MC16 seems to need and automatically add the three escape characters to this rule. The MC16 rule with the three slashes does not work correctly in MC15.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

pcstockton

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »

Thanks so much Alex.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

I will play around with these today and see if I can successfully implement my own.

CHEERS!
Patrick

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:44:35 pm »

To JRiver:

However,

- doesn't seem to work correctly. The wizard changes three of the four "contains" rules to "is" rules. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? See the attached screenshot.

It's a bug.

In a coming build of v16:
Fixed: Doing a search for "24/-48" would consider the search as a range of values instead of a string literal (as expected due to the escapement).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up