INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16 Beta .60/.63  (Read 1222 times)

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
MC16 Beta .60/.63
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:35:24 pm »

I loaded the beta, and discovered what I think is a bug.  I just allowed it to import my iTunes library, which contains about 700 tracks of hi-res ALACs. (24/44.1, 24/48, 24/96, and 24/192)

Most of these tracks will not play with MC, but instead of just a nice polite silence, I just get a blast of white noise from the speakers. A very loud burst, as if the DAC lost lock. The files play okay with iTunes, either downsampled or manually adjusting the Audio settings.

I did have MC set to resample anything below 44.1 and above 96K.

Physical hardware is a HP box with a Q8300 Quad core processor, 8 gb of RAM, internal and USB external drives. Windows 7 x64, all the latest Windows updates are loaded. MC is the only user application running, though a copy of TightVNC server is running, and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Music interface is through a Musical Fidelity V-Link async USB adapter, feeding by CoAxial cable directly into a NAD T747 receiver. I also tried it with the internal RealTek digital out port on the motherboard (which goes to 24/192) with the exact same results.

I'll be glad to duplicate (at very low volume!) and send you details you might want.

Normal resolution tracks play fine. 

-Paul Raulerson
Pages: [1]   Go Up