INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote options  (Read 1393 times)

Valvefan

• Recent member
Remote options
« on: April 09, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »

Hi All,

I would appreciate advice/suggestions about remotes and displays.

Right now I'm using a Blutooth keyboard to control the PC playing MC15.  The keyboard uses a little blutooth receiver that connects to a USB port on the PC.  There is a 24 inch LCD display across the room.

Works OK but I'd like to eliminate the LCD and its noisy power supply.  How can I have a remote and display at the listening seat so I can eliminate the LCD monitor?  The computer is connected by a wired router to a NAS.  The computer motherboard itself does not have blutooth capability.

Thanks a lot!

Valvefan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote options
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:08:55 am »

Gizmo or WebRemote (both part of MC) are remote controls for Android and everything else, respectively.  You could turn the monitor off.  I like the Samsung Galaxy Tab as a remote.  It has a 7 inch screen.

Valvefan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:52:08 am »

Hi JimH

Is Webremote an app for a phone?  Does it connect to the PC by wireless network through a router or blutooth or some other way?

Thanks Jim

Valvefan

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:56:00 pm »

Webremote is a web-based controller and can be accessed by any device that has a browser.  You connect it to the PC via a URL that points to MC's web server.  Being HTML, it's quite simple and basic and is not a mobile-native app.

I use PlugPlayer which is a native DLNA controller app for iOS and Android.
Pages: [1]   Go Up