INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find & Replace wildcard  (Read 3362 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Find & Replace wildcard
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:46:22 am »

This is probably really simple, but so far I can't find the answer.  Lets say I have an album and each song name is 01. - "name", 02. - "name"  etc.  I simply want a batch way to remove the track numbers from the song names.  Find & replace doesn't seem to recognize wildcard expressions like * or # or x,  so since each track number is different I can only change one file at a time that way.  Is there a quick and easy way to do this?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Unge72

Re: Find & Replace wildcard
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:03:58 pm »

I have a similar problem. In the Name Field I have "Artist" - "Name" IE: Baltimora - Tarzan Boy. I want to remove from "-" to the Left in order to only have in the Name Field "Tarzan Boy". Is an expression to do this quick?  :-\

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 06:42:25 pm »

You can do your change of tags (fields) directly in the Tag section of the action window.  Select your items, and then enter an expression in the field you want to change.

@Bengi010: If the number of characters you want to remove is constant, just use RemoveLeft() and remove the actual number of characters you want removed.  In your example, it appears you want to remove 6 chararacters ("01. - ").  I can't tell if your "name" fields actual contain double quotes; if so, use 7 chars.

In the name field, type:

=RemoveLeft([name],6)

and this will perform the function RemoveLeft on all the files you've selected for the field where you've entered the expression.

@Unge72: Same idea as above, but you can use the ListItem() function to return the second component (0 based counting, so you want item #1):

=listitem([name],1, - )
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Unge72

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

MrC .. Excelent Solution, It works, now I have my library ok... Great!  ;)

Thanks.

Unge72 form Mexico!
Pages: [1]   Go Up