INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple albums for one album  (Read 1772 times)

abispac

Multiple albums for one album
« on: April 29, 2011, 01:38:38 am »

Helo ,first question here so please dont be hard with me if this as been allready answer.Im trying jriver mc as i love the awsome teather view on 3d, i got most of my music collection tagged with tag and rename, however whenever i add my music to jriver, i get alot of albums repited and with 1 or 2 songs each one, i have cheked my tags with tag and rename, and they all look good, so i can not find where its the problem.Could somebody help me as im a potential customer, thanks for any help.

Audionut

• Recent member
Re: Multiple albums for one album
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:19:18 am »

Hi and welcome,

From your description it seems like you have tracks that belong to one album show up as separate albums instead of just one album with all the tracks, right?

You might want to look at this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Then look into your tracks what they show for "album artist" and "artist" (this is for each track). If they are all in the same folder and have no different "album artist" or "album" tag values, they will be displayed together as one album by MC, even if the "artist" values are different (for sampler CDs for example) for each track.

There have been more detailed descriptions of this in the forum here, if you search around you can find more information.

Joerg

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Multiple albums for one album
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:28 am »

Another thing to check besides the above suggestion is year.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up