INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media centre blocked while performing file copy/move operations  (Read 1064 times)

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen

I don't know if this is something to do with Media centre possibly it's more of an issue with the design of the windows file operations dialogue itself when performing a "rename, move, & copy files..." operation under the library tools menu. When it comes to the stage of physically moving or copying files, I am in effect locked out of media centre until the operation has completed.
This doesn't bother me most of the time but if it happens to be quite a large local file operation or if I'm copying media over a network connection It leaves me unable to access media centre 16 for quite a lengthy period.
I know a way around the problem would be to to manually cut/copy & paste from folder to folder, but this is just time consuming when media centre has the ability to automatically create the folder and file-name structure from already existent media tags.
-Jake

dmginter

• Recent member
Re: Media centre blocked while performing file copy/move operations
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:38:06 pm »

It seem more like an Apple ITunes- IPod purchasing issue, how Apples stops you from moving music from one machine to another.  But in this case I have purchase a license  from MC to use  the product on two machines.
No copyright issues?

It should be easy to setup

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:21:11 am »

This has nothing to do with itunes apple or any licensing issues. What I'm referring to is how the windows file copy dialogue box likes to become the only click-able item by denying focus to media centre when I initiate a copy operation from within media centre. The same thing goes for when media centre is  analysing media that I drag+drop into the library. It's maybe not so much a bug but rather more of an 'inconvenience'

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 07:16:12 am »

This has nothing to do with itunes apple or any licensing issues. What I'm referring to is how the windows file copy dialogue box likes to become the only click-able item by denying focus to media centre when I initiate a copy operation from within media centre. The same thing goes for when media centre is  analysing media that I drag+drop into the library. It's maybe not so much a bug but rather more of an 'inconvenience'

I've also seen this behavior.  It is an annoyance, but I've "just lived with it" since it's fairly subtle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up