INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix full-screen  (Read 1382 times)

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
Netflix full-screen
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:50:22 am »

I haven't upgraded MC in a while (i'm on v12) because i haven't had the opportunity to build anything resembling an HTPC.  However i'm considering it with the acquisition of an old laptop that is serving pretty well as a that.  The addition of Netflix is a huge plus--however i'm having trouble with getting it to go full-screen.

I have both MC15 and 16 installed, and while i could have sworn initially 15 gave me the "postage stamp" effect, the last tests i did showed that 15 did not--it would pop into full screen when the buffering completed.  But 16 would not.  In the forums it appears there was some attention to this problem, but i'm wondering if there's a consensus on having it fixed.  That is, i'm wondering if it's just me ;-)

Keep in mind that i'm using an old-school 4:3 TV, and the content was also 4:3, but when it didn't work it remained with bars on all sides.  What's odd is that i can't even access the "full-screen" button when that occurs, whereas i could in 15. Thanks for any help!  I may upgrade anyway, but the interface to Netflix is far superior in the 16 theater view, so i'd love to be able to use that!

-steve
-steve

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Netflix full-screen
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »

Bump.
Dunno if it helps, but it does initially looks correct: while Netflix is loading. Then once it gets to the buffering stage it switches to border-mode.
I can also post system specs later if that's helpful.
-steve

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »

I think there might be problems with certain titles.  Most of them seem to work properly but there is one for me that is high-def widescreen ("The End of the Line") but is displayed as 4:3 with the sides cropped off.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »

I thought so too, but I've had the same result for a few different titles and the kicker is that the same title will be fine in MC15 but no in 16.
-steve

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 03:21:57 pm »

Netflix is providing us with incorrect aspect ratio information for some instant viewing movies.  For example the meta-data for "The End of the Line" states that it's 4:3 when it's actually 16:9 so we end up cutting off the sides of the video.  I've added an option to the on screen menus to switch between different aspect ratios so at least you can now change it manually to the correct one.  The next build will have this change.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »

I did eventually find some titles that looked right, but they were 16:9, so it makes sense.
Thanks very much for looking into this! 
-steve

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 10:33:15 am »

Just confirming that this mod works--thanks again!
-steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up