INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature request - change to "fill track numbers from list"  (Read 1048 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen

I use this function more for filling in episode numbers for tv than for music. I run it on a set of tv episodes then do a "move/copy fields" from the track # to the episode # field. I , in many cases, am not starting with the first episode and this adds a few steps at best or makes it unworkable at worst. Is there any way to add the ability to start at a number other than 1 for the list? Either with a pop up for the number to start from, or to base it on a number already in that field if one exists.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: feature request - change to "fill track numbers from list"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:19:09 pm »

Let's say you're adding episodes 14 to 26 of a season. Use Fill track numbers... to number them 1 to 13. Select all the records. Edit [Episode] (in the grid or tag window, as you prefer). Enter: =Math([Track #]+13).

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:45:26 pm »

Yes, thats basically what i do now. (not quite as elegant :)). i just figured the capability built into the actual tool itself might be useful for more people than just I .(and for me it would save allot of extra steps)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »

Let's say you're adding episodes 14 to 26 of a season. Use Fill track numbers... to number them 1 to 13. Select all the records. Edit [Episode] (in the grid or tag window, as you prefer). Enter: =Math([Track #]+13).

If you need to fill this field for a bunch of files (optionally not starting from "1"), it is even easier to just use the Counter() function directly on the [Episode] tag, which is what I do.

So, in the example rick gave, you don't need to bother with the Fill Track Number command at all.  Just select the files, edit the [Episode] tag of the first one (either in the Tag AW or in-line in the columns of your details view) and type:

=Counter(14)

Hit enter.  Done.

I do agree, though, that when [Media Sub Type] = "TV Show" the existing Fill Track Numbers command should automatically switch to a Fill Episode Numbers from List Order command instead.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up