INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging ??  (Read 2196 times)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
Tagging ??
« on: May 23, 2011, 05:42:29 am »

I have a few albums out of many that the images will not stay tagged.  I have tagged by file and by get from internet.  The tag happens but when I go back into JR the same few albums images are missing. 

MC 16.086, AIFF files.  the below is already done.

You can enable WAV & AIFF tagging in Media Center by doing the following:

In the main program menu, select Tools > Plug-in Manager...
Then, in the tree select Input > WAVE & AIFF Plugin
Click 'Configure'
Enable the option 'Write tags to WAVE/AIFF files (may not be compatible with all players)

It's just a select few - the same few that will not stay tagged.  Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Tagging ??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »

Could you make a sample file available?  Perhaps you could email one (with a link to this thread) to yaobing at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:20:29 am »

Could you make a sample file available?  Perhaps you could email one (with a link to this thread) to yaobing at jriver dot com?

Thanks.

Matt,

The AIFF files seem to be to large for yahoo to email.  Is there any other way to send AIFF files?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:45:17 am »

A service like www.megaupload.com might be useful. Upload the file and mail only the link.

(You don't need to pay for the membership. Just use the free option.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »

LargeFilesASAP is easier than MegaUpload for this.  Easier to upload the files and easier for the person to download the file.  MegaUpload has too many hoops and captchas.
http://www.largefilesasap.com/
Files are kept for up to 72 hours or 4 downloads.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »

Thanks.

Matt,

Did you get the file I sent you?  I sent it with largfilesasap thanks to Frobozz..

Thanks for the tip Frobozz

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 06:32:37 pm »

I got the file (Matt told you to send it to me ;)).  My email server labelled it spam, and I am glad I did not just delete it.  I will look at it in the next few days.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:30:26 pm »

I got the file (Matt told you to send it to me ;)).  My email server labelled it spam, and I am glad I did not just delete it.  I will look at it in the next few days.

O - OK,  good to go.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 01:16:09 pm »

I imported the file you provided, then did "Cover Art > Get From Internet...".  An image was found (actually two, I picked the first).  After saving tags, the file contained invalid image data.  The MIME type is saved as "???AlbumArt" which is not recognizable.  The actual image data do not seem to be of any common types either (MC defaults it to jpg, and no image viewer can open it).

Unfortunately I did not save a copy of your original file before trying it.  Now I can not reproduce it and thus can not figure out why an invalid/corrupt image went into the file.  Any subsequent attempt at doing "Cover Art > Get From Internet..." on the "tampered" file will actually produce a valid embedded image in the file.

Can you upload another sample file for me?  Or else you can just try setting cover art on those files again, using the latest MC version, and see if the problem goes away.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up