INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with mc16.0.97  (Read 1158 times)

baba100

problems with mc16.0.97
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:26:26 am »

Hi all,
After install the MC 16.0.97 I have those problems. – even if I set red October to be off!

1.   When I start movies (any type, mkv, avi, etc…) the screen is black, and only after I click on the seek slider I can see the picture.
2.   The subtitle option is always on off mode
3.   Subtitle is always show is “gibberish” characters
4.   How to uninstall LAV splitter or disable it?

When I revert to MC 16.0.86 everything is work fine

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: problems with mc16.0.97
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:42 am »

RedOctober is in it's early stages of development and while it is working well for many it still has some refinement to do in some areas, and in particular with Subtitle handling (and there are many many different types of subtitles).  Changes made to MC to add RedOctober is also having some impact even when unchecked.  I would suggest that in the RedOctober thread you list the details of what your file types are, their details (eg while playing grab the directshow info and paste it into your post) with the issues you are seeing as this will help trouble shoot and let JR continue to refine the RedOctober.  While RedOctober is working very well for me, we all have different setups so if it is giving you too many issues you may want to consider going back to V86 for now.
JRiver CEO Elect

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: problems with mc16.0.97
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:45:41 pm »

While RedOctober is working very well for me, we all have different setups so if it is giving you too many issues you may want to consider going back to V86 for now.

+1

I'd call this a fairly "beta quality" release (maybe something like an early RC).  If you're not willing to deal with a bit of flakiness, go back to v86 for now and wait for the next public release.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up