INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD playback issue  (Read 3019 times)

rayden

• Recent member
DVD playback issue
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I have been running version 14.0.165 without trouble for quiet some time for music playback. Just recently I purchased an HDMI receiver to play DVDs from my laptop. It all runs very well except if I close the lid of my laptop the DVD playback stops and the only way to recover it is to open the lid, stop playback and play the DVD again.

The same works with powerdvd but that software is giving me continuous audio clicks during playback.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: DVD playback issue
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:24:37 pm »

Check the power options on your PC. There is an option that controls what happens when you close the lid. Your is probably set to put the PC to sleep.

You have to go to the Control Panel to configure this. How you navigate to the option depends on what OS you have. I have Windows 7. For me it is:

Control Panel-->Hardware and Sound-->Power Options-->Choose what closing the lid does

There is a separate option based on if you are running on battery or plugged in.

EDIT: BTW, the options are Sleep, Hibernate, Shut Down, or Do nothing. I set the option to Do nothing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up