INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - Questions/suggestions  (Read 1478 times)

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View - Questions/suggestions
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

Dear all,
Since a couple of weeks I use the theater view. After some hours of adjusting and customizing the views schemes, I now have a nice theater view structure which fits really good to my needs.  ;D Therefore, a special thanks to the MC team which did/do an amazing job by building this easy-to-use and customizable software.
There are still some issues left for which I could not find a proper solution. The reason for this might be that I did not search enough or that this is not possible. So, the following list may be a mixture of questions and suggestions  :):

•   In the options menu for the theater view templates I have found a way to configure if and in which size a picture should be shown in the detailed file info view. What I did not find is how to remove/adjust the picture on the right side in the overview (?) page (I do not know how to name this, therefore please take a look at the screenshot: http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb405/minolotud/Untitled.jpg). Obviously, it makes sense to show the picture on the right when I toggle the style to the list style with small pictures for the items. But using the style as shown in the screenshot I do not get the benefit of this since the picture is already presented in the list. Therefore, I would like to turn off the picture on the right so I could put some more information in this view.

•   Is there a way to put internet links to the detailed file info view so that I could click them to go to a respective internet page? I really like this feature in the standard view.

•   The backdrops for the TV shows are generally working fine. But in some cases MC does not show the correct pictures (e.g. for the new TV show “V” I get picture from the old TV show) or no picture is presented even I am sure that some pictures are available on TheTVDB. It would be nice if there is a possibility for the users to cope with such (rare) cases (e.g. an additional database field with the search terms which uses MC and which could be altered by the user).

•   In the options menu I have only found the possibility to turn off the home button and the scroll bar. I would like it if it I could also disable other entries like “burn”, “delete”, “volume up/down”.

•   I do not get how the “select” item is working. My first idea was that this puts an entry to a database field. This would be nice to select movies which database entries need to be adjusted. But after leaving the theater view I could not find a way to recover the selected movies/episodes.

Thanks in advance for any comments on this.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View - Questions/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:02 pm »

Is there a way to put internet links to the detailed file info view so that I could click them to go to a respective internet page?

No.

But in some cases MC does not show the correct pictures...

Your [Series] has to be identical to that used by theTVDb (e.g., "V (2009)" not "V").

I do not get how the “select” item is working.

The next file operation operates on the selected files. The selection is lost after leaving the list. Use Tag... to change field values. You may Select, and then Tag those selected. But tagging from Theatre View is rather tedious. Consider this idea for flagging files in Theatre View for follow-up in Standard View.

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:38:29 pm »

Hey rick.ca,

thank you for your answers.

Is there a way to put internet links to the detailed file info view so that I could click them to go to a respective internet page?
No.

That's a pity.

cases MC does not show the correct pictures...
Your [Series] has to be identical to that used by theTVDb (e.g., "V (2009)" not "V").

Great, that works.  :)

I do not get how the “select” item is working.
Consider this idea for flagging files in Theatre View for follow-up in Standard View.
That sounds good, I will give it a try.

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:38:45 am »

In the options menu for the theater view templates I have found a way to configure if and in which size a picture should be shown in the detailed file info view. What I did not find is how to remove/adjust the picture on the right side in the overview (?) page (I do not know how to name this, therefore please take a look at the screenshot: http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb405/minolotud/Untitled.jpg). Obviously, it makes sense to show the picture on the right when I toggle the style to the list style with small pictures for the items. But using the style as shown in the screenshot I do not get the benefit of this since the picture is already presented in the list. Therefore, I would like to turn off the picture on the right so I could put some more information in this view.

bump.

Is there any way to turn off the picture on the right?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up